18

I screamed as they tried to pull me out of the car. I gave them a good kick. This isn't my car, I can't let anything happen to it. I closed the door and quickly started it. I drove off not knowing if I was being followed or not. I texted my brother SOS and sent my location. My mom's car wasn't fast but I was gonna make it one. I looked into the review mirror only to find a black SUV tailing me.
  "Are you fucking kidding me." I cursed.
  I texted Elijah my location just in case. I needed to get away from them so I went down every side street I could find. When I thought I was in the clear I pulled over to collect myself.
  "What the hell is going on?" I cried.
  Words from Elijah and his sister came to mind about their father. It can't be. My eyes widened at the black SUV pulled in front of me. I put the car in reverse only to be blocked. I closed my eyes praying to God someone would come and save me. When no one came to the car door. I slightly opened my eye seeing what was going on. Elijah was there screaming at that. I got a text from my brother asking if I was okay and if he needed to come to me.
  I texted him back letting him know I was fine, no thanks to him. I kept my eyes off of them. I didn't want to look. There was a knock at my window. I jumped screaming only to look and find Elijah standing there. I rolled down the window with a nervous smile.
"Follow me." He said, then walked to his truck.
I followed him to my house. My house? Why? I parked the car, getting out. I walked over to his truck as he was getting out. He looked angry. At me? Or them?
"Thank you." I said.
"You're my mate. I'll protect you no matter what." He crossed his arms.
"I know they're not going to stop coming after me." I pressed my lips together. "I know I'm in a lot of danger and being by myself isn't-" His lips pressed against mine.
"I'm happy you know." He mumbled against my lips before kissing me again.
The butterflies in my stomach were unleashed once again. I felt my heartbeat pick up and by the look on his face, he heard it.
"Wanna meet my parents." I smiled.
"Why not." He smiled. "They've been eyeing us for a good minute."
"Really." My voice came out kinda high pitched but that's how I sound when I'm shocked.
  I walked him to the door and it immediately opened. There on the other side stood my mom who was smiling brightly and my dad who had a judgmental face.
  "Mom. Dad. Meet Elijah..."
  "Her boyfriend." Elijah cut me off.
  "Boyfriend?" My dad arched his eyebrow.
  "Yeah-" I nodded.
  I glared over at Elijah, he turned smiling at me.
  "Please come in." My mom grabbed him by the arm pulling him in.
  "Mom." I gasped following them inside.
  "How did you two meet?" My dad asked.
  "She was in the woods drawing. I like to wander the woods sometimes." He smiled. "She was sitting there looking beautiful as ever. The sunlight was hitting her perfectly."
  When I looked at him. His eyes were shining with love. My heart swelled up. Is this what love feels like?
  "That's when I knew I had to get to know her." He said. "I'm still trying to fully win her heart over."
  "She gets that from her father." My mom laughed.
  We sat in the living room talking for hours before they let him go. I'm not sure if they approve of him or just happy that I found someone.