10

"What's wrong?" He asked.
"Nothing." I shook my head. "I'm just getting sleepy. I think I should head home."
  I hopped off the truck.
  "See you later." I gave him a fake smile and walked to my car.
  I could tell that he knew something was bothering me. I drove home in silence. I didn't greet my parents who were on the couch. So I knew my mom was going to come into my room. I flopped down on my bed. Letting out a huge sigh. I grabbed my pillow screaming into it. There was a knock then the door opened.
  "Sweetie, what's wrong?" My mom asked.
   "The guy I like has someone else." I whined.
   "Oh, sweetie." She walked over to him.
   "There's plenty of fish in the sea." She rubbed my back.
   "I don't want other fish. I want him." I mumbled.
   That's when I realized I was falling for him. I wanted him to be mine. My mom sighed holding me in her arms.
  "If it's meant for you two to be together then God will make away." She said, sweetly.
  I nodded my head.
  "I'm going to bed." I yawned.
  The next day I just laid in bed until noontime. I skipped breakfast and barely made it to lunch.
  "Eliza." My mom shook her head. "You gotta pull yourself out of it."
  "How mom?" I wanted to cry. "This never happened to me before."
   "I know sweetie." My mom gave me a sad look.
  I took a deep breath. After lunch, I decided to go out, as I was out and about I got a text from Elijah asking me to meet up with him at the mall. I agreed only because I wanted to see him. Even though he has someone else, I can't stop my feelings for him.
  As I was heading to the place where he told me to meet him at I saw him smiling with another girl. My heart dropped into my stomach as he kissed her cheek and hugged her. I turned on my heel and started walking away. Tears trickled down my face, the more I wiped them away the more tears would fall.
  "Eliza!" I heard Elijah call out for him.
  I wanted to keep walking but my feet stopped. I wiped my tears away but there was no use.
  "Eliza." He caught up with him.
  The smile on his face disappeared.
  "What's wrong?" He said, worriedly.
  "Nothing, I just got bad news." I sniffed. "Nothing to worry about."
   I tried to make that lie believable.
  "Okay." He nodded. "I wanted you to meet..."
  "I think I should go home." I held back my tears. "I'm too emotional right now."
   "Oh yeah.." He said, sadly.
    As I was walking to my car the bracelet he gave me started beeping. I looked around but no one seems out of the ordinary. I started walking again when two tall guys walked up to me.
  "You smell just like." One said reaching for my face.
  I backed up slapping his hand away.
  "Feisty." He smiled. "I like that."
  "Oh, he hasn't marked you." The other said.
  I swallowed the lump in my throat.
  "What do you want?" I asked.
  "You." The guy smirked.
   "You're his weakness." The other smiled.
   "You two must be mistaken." I sighed. "I hope you find the person you're looking for."
  I turned on my heel and took off running towards the way I came from hoping that Elijah would be near.
  "Hey!" They shouted.
  I didn't turn back looking because I knew they were chasing me. I saw Elijah and ran right for him. I grabbed his shirt hiding behind him. He looked confused until he sensed them.
   "You two." He growled.
   "Well well" They both said.
   "You've been hard to find brother." One said.
   "Brother?" I mumbled.
   "He didn't tell you about us? How rude." The other said.
   "Alec, Pierce. Leave." Elijah clenched his jaw shut.
   "You run fast for a human." One of the brothers said.
   "Come back and take the place of Alpha and we'll leave her alone." One warned Elijah.
  "You're going to leave her alone regardless." Elijah's eyes grew darker.
  The two didn't say anything they just walked away. I didn't realize I was holding onto tightly until he cleared his throat.