23

"We can just ignore that." I laughed it off. 
  "Oh baby no we can't." He turned me around in one swift move. 
  He turned the stove off while picking me up. I wrapped my legs around him scared I'd fall. 
  "You know." My eyes locked with him. "I missed you like crazy. I couldn't stop worrying about you." 
  "Same for me." He said placing me on the counter. "Elizabeth." The way my name rolled off his lips. I wanted to pounce on him. "Don't look at me like that." 
  "Like what?" I bit my lip. 
  His lips crashed against mine. I moaned letting his tongue invade my mouth. I pulled him closer with my legs locking them around him. He growled and pulled away. I sat on the counter panting. 
  "What? Why?" I pouted. 
  "We have company." He said helping me off the counter. 
  Right as he did so the front door opened. 
  "Son, I brought over a potential mate." A voice echoed through the house. 
  "Excuse me?" I went to move but Elijah grabbed me. 
  I arched my eyebrow at him. 
  "Son? Elijah?" His mom called out once more. 
  Elijah intertwined our hands together. 
  "Eli, why do I smell a human?" His mom then said. 
  Anger boiled in my blood. I know I'm no match for a werewolf but I know how to stick up for myself. Elijah squeezed my hand as we walked out into the living room. I put a huge smile on my face as I wrapped my arms around Elijah's arm. 
  "Hi, I'm Elizabeth." I smiled. 
  "I do not accept." His mother gritted. 
  "You don't have too." I said. 
  "Humans and werewolf do not belong together." The girl said. "So do yourself a favor and-" 
  "No." I cut her off. "He's mine." 
  "But he hasn't marked you yet? So obviously he doesn't want you." She smirked thinking she knows everything. 
  "Sweetie." I said letting go of Elijah. "He hasn't marked me yet because of me. I wasn't sure about it, but now I am." 
  Elijah's eyes widened. 
  "You do know that you may not survive when he marks you." His mother said. 
  I looked up at Elijah. 
  "What is she talking about?" I mumbled. 
  "Stop putting stuff in her head." Elijah growled. 
  "I'm not." She argued back. 
  "Get out." Elijah walked towards. "You have no right coming here in the first place." 
  "I am your mother I have every right." She gasped. 
  I stood there watching as Elijah kicked his mom and the girl out of the house, but my mind couldn't get over what she said. I knew he was going to want to talk about but I needed to clear my head. I slipped away while he wasn't looking. I locked the door to the bathroom, sitting there on the toilet thinking. 
  "Baby, open the door." Elijah said giggling the doorknob.
  I stared at the door. 
 "What my mom said was a lie to scare you away." He sighed. "Please open the door." 
  I stood walking towards the door. 
  "Baby." His voice sounded broken. "Please." 
  The crack in his voice made my heart break. I slowly opened the door. Elijah pulled me into his arms. 
  "Don't leave me." His whispered. 
  I sighed hugging him back. 
  "I wasn't going to leave you." I looked up at him. "How about we go out." 

~~

Two more chapters and this book will be finished. I wanna thank you all for sticking around and reading it even though my update schedule was all over the place.