Ch. 13

The two were so busy on their jobs afterwards, they haven't really encountered each other.

Illumi looked at the night view underneath him, he was heading home. The long missions have been distracting him.

Cough.

Cough.

Yullia coughed. She hasn't been feeling well recently.

"-an."

Yullia moved her head towards the sound. Her hand moved towards her head. She applied pressure on it. She was having a headache.

Killua sat by Yullia's bed.

"Killu?!"

Yullia was shocked. She did not expect Killua here. Inside the Zoldyck household.

"Nee-chan."

Killua had rushed back home when he last met Hisoka. He had introduced the idea of Yullia and Illumi being engaged. Hisoka had told him that Yullia was not her sister by blood.

"What are you doing here?"

Yullia got up and patted Killua.

"Is it true? That you're getting married to Aniki?"

.

"I guess..."

"Aniki's forcing you in the family. He had always wanted to control you. To make you his. Now that you're really not siblings. This was his way of getting to you. Let's run nee-chan. I'm stronger now. I will definitely protect you."

He was sincere. He was sure he got stronger. Got stronger enough to protect her.

"Do you not want me as your sister-in-law?"

"Nee-chan. You're always my nee-chan. Nothing will change that!"

Killua looked to the side. He was shy from what he just said. He really wanted Yullia to get out of here. Knowing she's not a real Zoldyck, Killua only hoped she could leave as soon as she could. Killua didn't want her trapped inside a family like that. But it's not that Killua did not want Yullia as his sister. He loved Yullia. He wanted her to continue to be in his family. He didn't want the bound between them to be cut. But he couldn't let her suffer here.

...

"Killua. Thank you."

"Let's go nee-chan."

"You know that's impossible. Once it's decided, there's no way out. Let's hang out around the town today. Then after that, go back to Gon."

...

Yullia got up and grabbed Killua's hand and they went out the door.

Killua knew what his sister meant. Once it has been decided by his dad. No one in the family has a say. There was no way to revert it. He was powerless against his family. As much as he hated it. Deep down he thanked it. He wanted Yullia to be in the family. To have a connection with him somehow.

I can still save Alluka.