Ch. 10

"What's your plan?"

Yullia looked towards Chrollo, her hand lifted up to meet her lips

Yullia looked towards Chrollo, her hand lifted up to meet her lips. She looked at Chrollo curiously. Chrollo had not mentioned any plans regarding what type of fight he expected. She was here as Chrollo had requested. They were currently in the basement of a large building. Outside was a mess, they were now in the middle of the battlefield between Mafia and the Phantom Troupe.

"Just protect me."

Chrollo looked towards Yullia and smiled. As cute as Yullia currently looked; he wasn't in a light situation. As he predicted, Zeno and Silva were both in the building heading their way. He didn't actually have a solid plan against them. He wasn't sure he could survive long enough against Zeno and Silva for Illumi to execute the job. Therefore, Yullia was there.

With that, Zeno and Silva pushed through the two different doors. Stepping in, the door closed behind them immediately.

"Yullia."

"Oto-san, Oji-chan."

Basic greeting was exchanged between the Zolydck before the atmosphere tensed up. Yullia and Chrollo got down from the platform at the end of the big auditorium. They were all slowly walking towards each other. At a certain distance, they all moved. Silva and Zeno, racing to attack, dashed forward. Yullia and Chrollo being on the defensive side moved back quickly.

Being the target of Silva and Zeno, they were both completely focused on killing him. Silva charged. Upkick, side punches were thrown at him. Chrollo dodged them, walking back. Silva got lower, enhancing his hand, he slashed towards Chrollo.

Chrollo jumped backwards to dodge the attack only to be met with Zeno coming towards his direction.

Yullia dashed in between Zeno and Chrollo. Pushing Zeno's arm with the tip of her saya, Yullia pulled Chrollo back.

Silva's kick pushed Yullia away from Chrollo, the force tipped Chrollo over causing him to lose his balance towards the left.

Zeno dashed towards Chrollo, throwing his fist to Chrollo.

Yullia kicked Zeno, Zeno quickly faced Yullia and blocked her attack. He was thrown back.

Silva lowered his body and kicked Yullia back.

Chrollo caught his balance, he pulled out a knife and charged towards Silva.

Silva who was charging towards Chrollo quickly dashed back as Chrollo swinged.

They all paused for a second,

Is it poisoned?

Silva rarely gets slashed, the knife Chrollo had was definitely dangerous. He eyed the knife quickly and pulled out a strand of his hair. He wrapped his hair around his arm tightly.

"Are you okay?"

Zeno walked towards Silva eyeing the knife.

"I'm fine."

Yullia walked herself next to Chrollo and eyed the knife as well. It's a mid-era Ben's Knife, Ben's knife in this shape indicated that it was poisonous. A tenth of a milligram will completely paralyze a whale. Silva, who has a high tolerance to all poisons, was clearly fine.

Yullia couldn't pause time, they were waiting for Illumi to kill the Ten Dons. Him not next to her meant that the needle in her head probably wouldn't disable her nen against him. He was too far to be registered as Yullia.

"No need to be shy, let's see how much stronger you've gotten. You too Yulli."

This wasn't the first time Silva had battled Chrollo, he knew Chrollo was not going all out.

"Okay."

Chrollo unleashed his nen, he took out the book that appeared in front of him and held onto it. Pulling out fun fun cloth he stole, from Owl, a member of the Shadow Beast, he jumped forwards trying to get closer. Yullia drew her bladeless saya out. Forming her nen into the blade she got ready and dashed towards Zeno.

Zeno's nen around him formed into a dragon head. The head moved through precise motions from his hands. The powerful attack aimed straight at Chrollo.

Yullia swinged her sword towards the nen hopping to cut it, Zeno's nen quickly dodged the attack.

Silva appeared behind Yullia and kicked her. Yullia, being quick to react, turned around and crossed her arm in front of her to catch the impact.

Zeno's nen charged towards Chrollo, attacking in many different stances. Zeno knew. Although they had only met for a few seconds, he already analyzed Chrollo's nen ability. Chrollo's ability is the ability he steals, the book allows him to store stolen abilities. He is only allowed to use them one at a time.

Chrollo who realized that Zeno's attack completely stopped him from getting close. He noticed the grandpa in front of him had already figured out his nen.

Yullia dashed towards Zeno only to be stopped by Silva again. Focusing his nen into his fist, he aimed towards Yullia. Yullia dodged towards the left and tried to elbow Silva. Silva rotated his body and added momentum to his attack, aiming towards Yullia on the side. Yullia blocked it with the help of her katana. With the extra momentum added, Yullia was thrown further back.

"Kill me if you have to."

Zeno dashed forward, enhancing his hand as he got closer to Chrollo. Wrapping his nen around his hand he slashed, a wave charged towards Chrollo. Silva got up and started charging his nen. Two nen concentrated into spheres on each hand.

Chrollo dodged Zeno's hand but was pushed back by the wave of nen. He was shoved against the wall. Zeno didn't stop. He was still charging towards Chrollo.

Yullia jumped up, slashed her nen towards Silva. Silva got pushed back by the wave but the explosive orbs were still released.

BAMM.

.

.

.

Beep. Beep.

"Illumi?"

...

"He's Alive."

As the dusk faded away, The floor and wall were completely destroyed, the main impact was slightly towards the left side of Chrollo. Yullia had caused Silva to slightly miss.

"Good grief."

Zeno dusted himself and got up, he was hit from the impact as well. Yullia walked towards Chrollo and helped him up.

"Leaving already?"

Chrollo taunted, he could still continue fighting.

"I'm sure Yullia has told you about how we operate."

"So you knew that I hired Illumi."

"Of course, but that's irrelevant. We simply do the job we're hired for."

"I see."

Zeno and Silva both headed towards the door. Their business here was finished.

"Can I have permission for your daughter's hand."

This didn't only stop Zeno and Silva in track. Yullia, who was next to Chrollo, looked at him. Shocked.

Chrollo had thought about this for a while. If he and Yullia bound, the Phantom Troupe and the Zolydck family both benefit from this. Being ones of the groups of the strongest people in the world, they would be even more fearful if they worked together. As juicy as it sounds, this wasn't the only reason. Yullia was someone he had always looked at. He didn't even notice that he had been slowly drawn to her. He knew she was someone he wanted to keep by his side forever.

...

"I believe she's already engaged."

Came a voice in the distance.

"Oh, really? If I may ask, who are you?"

"Zolydck Maha."

Maha walked out of the shadows. He was Zeno's grandfather making him Yullia's great-great-grandfather. Maha knew who Yullia really is. Her identity before she was left in front of Zoldyck's door. He was also the one that had introduced the idea of Yullia marrying Illumi. He wanted to keep Yullia inside the family.

"Come on Silva, Zeno."

With the oldest living member of the Zolydck's request. They all disappeared leaving Yullia and Chrollo behind.

Yullia was still in shock. Machi had always asked for their relationship repeatedly no matter how Yullia ensures her. Yullia knew Machi's feelings, she didn't want to hurt her. Well, she didn't even like Chrollo that way. Their relationship seemed normal in her eyes. Chrollo himself was a very handsome guy. He could get himself many girls. She never once thought Chrollo had the slightest feeling for her.

"You're engaged?"

Chrollo layed back down, he thought he was going to have their permission or at least something other than the news Maha had just unleashed towards him.

...

"It's a long story."

Before Chrollo could continue to question Yullia, the Phantom Troupe appeared in front of them.

"Looks like you had fun, danchou."

"A little tired."

Chrollo got up holding onto his head.

"You were up against the Zolydck family. I wanted to see the fight."

The Phantom Troupe took a good look at both of the figures sitting. Yullia had her arm held to her side. The punch Silva did had broke a few bones in her body. Chrollo was also completely worn out from the fight, scratches bruises were all over his body. His sleeves were already ruined.

"It wasn't that interesting."

Machi moved towards Yullia's side. Since her damages were the worst, Machi wanted to heal her first.

"I'm fine."

Yullia pushed Machi away, she didn't want to face her right now. She didn't know what expression she was going to make towards Machi. She just needed to get out of here. Standing up slowly, Yullia unstably walked towards the gate and disappeared.

"Isn't she a little cold?"

Everyone knew Machi and Yullia were somewhat considered friends. Machi was trying to heal Yullia while she just pushed her away. As untalkative as Yullia was, they never thought she was this coldhearted.

"Nah, it's my fault. She's just shaken up."

"From the fight?"

"From what I asked."

"You asked her to join the Phantom Troupe? What did she say?"

"Well I kind of asked for her hand in marriage."

.

.

.

"WHAT?"

Everyone was shocked. It was obvious Chrollo had feelings for Yullia. But they never expected him to ask her about marriage during a fight with the Zoldyck family.

"What did she say?"

"She's engaged."

...

"WHAT?"

Machi's scream came first this time. She did not know Yullia was engaged. Chrollo looked at Machi and ruffed up his hair.

Looks like she didn't know either.

"Who is she, danchou?"

"Zolydck Yullia is her full name."

This cleared up a lot of questions the Phantom Troupe had. With her nen outbursting itself earlier at them and her fighting along Chrollo against the Zolydck family she was extremely powerful. She was the rumored daughter of the Zoldyck family. They had wondered why their danchou earlier picked to have this unnecessary fight. It all cleared up for them. He was trying to take the Zoldyck princess of their hands.

Machi was shocked. Chrollo's plan to fight the Zolydck family was to ask the elderlies permission for Yullia's hand. And now she had just learned that Yullia was engaged. Never once had Yullia said anything about that to her.