Ch. 11

"It wouldn't be bad to have joint with the Phantom Troupe."

Maha, Silva and Zeno were back at home. They sat at the meeting table all sipping on their tea.

"We need to keep Yullia in the family. Yullia should marry Illumi."

Maha insisted further. He once again brought up the engagement between the two.

"I want my daughter to make her own choice."

This was true, Silva was always the one to reject this idea. The only daughter she had was free to make her own choice, as long as the male was worth for the Zoldyck family. She was free to marry whoever she wanted.

Maha sighed, he knew this. He had to tell him about Yullia.

"There's a reason behind it."

He started off...

.

.

.

"I see. But if Yullia's strongly against it, we cannot force her."

"Fine."

After listening to Maha, Silva slightly agreed with keeping Yullia in the family. Marrying them definitely had more value.

Maha had just told Yullia about who she really was. She was the missing baby in the legends of the Zolydck family. 

First of all, Zoldycks did not naturally have white hair

First of all, Zoldycks did not naturally have white hair. There was an era long ago where there were many strong assassin families. Zoldycks were just considered one of the many. They have yet to master their nen. One day, one family member of Zoldyck accidentally collapses somewhere in the forest worned out and tired by the job. The nearby people found him and took him in.

Waking up he found himself at a completely unknown village. Everyone here had white hair. Nen wrapped around everyone. Feeling on guard he almost killed the first person that came in. The girl that was grabbed by him did not flinch at all when he was threatening the ones behind her.

"Where am I. Who are you guys?"

"Calm down, sir. We mean no harm. The girl in your arms found in the woods passed out. She brought you here."

Sensing the fact that this was true, he lowered himself and looked at the woman in front of her.

She was pregnant. The crown on top of her indicated her position.

"Hi, I'm Reiko. Welcome to our village."

With that the Zolydck assassin relaxed himself. The wound he had was deep, unable to travel. He decided to stay at the village. He stayed there longer than he had originally planned. He was completely drawn to the princess of the village. But, she was already pregnant, her baby to be due soon. Keeping his feelings inside him, he left the village.

After getting back to the family, he told his dad about his experience. He had met a bunch of nen masters at the forest. They all had white hair and their nen bloom. The strangest thing about them was the fact the females had more nen than males. This was different from what was tradition in this era. Male were always superior. The villagers were said to be protected by dragons. Hence their nen was all related to dragons. The princess was different. Her nen was time control, it seemed that the daughters of the royal family had that nen.

The father headed towards the village immediately, he wanted the princess's child. He wanted to control it at birth. The villagers all fought back. But being a peaceful clan they had no experience. Their nen powers kept all the battles away from them.

When the father found the princess. She was already dead. The child was nowhere to be found. He cursed. Just when he thought everyone was already dead. The female next to the princess moved.

"Are you a royalty?"

If the female was also the royalty of the family, there was a high chance she could also have the same nen.

"Yes."

The female was a simple maid. Someone somehow was just passed out during the whole event. Looking towards the angry black head, she could only lie. She could only Hope she gave the right answer.

With that the father brought her back. Forced her to marry his son and they started having kids. But the maid knew, if the girls came out without the ability to control time, she would die immediately. She killed all the females that had been born. The father desperately wanted a female and never received it after many kids. He was angry, he started to believe she had lied to him all these years.

When he caught her killing yet another daughter, the father knew. The woman he keeped many years would never give him a granddaughter with such powers. She was dead there.

The maid had killed so many of her daughters she lost the reason why. She simply wanted to keep surviving. She slowly grew to hate daughter, her hate slowly turned into a curse.

Passing along the family's DNA, only boys could be born from the Zolydck family. As DNA diluted, it was no longer pure with white hair. Therefore, less and less boys were born with white hair in the Zoldyck family. Seeing that the white hairs were all stronger, it became a family tradition. The white hairs would always be the heir. As long as there's a white hair, one is free to have just one child.

The princess at the time had used her life in exchange for her baby. She twisted her nen and teleported her baby out of the era. She didn't want the Zoldycks to find her. The princess did not want her only baby to be used. With her unstable nen she herself did not even know where she went. The katana she sent along was the father's sword. He was also gone.