Bonus chapter-Evan & Kane

Kane got up after beating that piece of shit to death. He walked around Kora, careful not to get too close to her and grabbed Evan's arm, lifting him off the ground.

"Come with me." He said and took Evan in the kitchen. He sat him down on the stool and turned around trying to gather some self-control.

He took a few deep breaths and turned around to see his son completely lost. He felt bad for him. Not in the way a father feels bad when his child is in pain, but the way a stranger does.

Kane grabbed two glasses and poured whisky in them, pushing one in front of Evan. "Drink. It'll help you."

Evan nodded absently and took a sip feeling it burn down his throat. He coughed a little. They sat in silence drinking their alcohol until they heard a car pull up. Kane quickly checked to see if it was Lara and he sighed.

"It's just Lara. She's picking Kora up."

"Good." Evan finally managed to say something. His voice was low and weak.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." Kane said. He didn't really mean for the words to come out. And when he saw the complete hatred in Evan's eyes, he regretted opening his mouth.

"I hope you know it's your fault." Evan said through gritted teeth.

"I do." Kane agreed.

"Why are you so calm?"

"Why aren't you?" Kane retorted.

"How could I be? I just stood there... I was- I was fucking useless."

"You did everything you could do. It wasn't you fault." Kane found himself trying to calm Evan down. He wasn't sure why. Maybe because he could see just how quickly his anger was destroying him.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You have problems controlling your anger?"

"What?"

"I've been where you are. Maybe you don't even realize it. You don't know why you get so angry. You just know that it's always been there; deep down, waiting for the perfect moment to come out and destroy everything. When things go bad, it just comes out. And there's nothing you can do to stop it."

"It sounds like you're the one who has issues."

"I do, but I can control it. I can help you."

"I don't want your help. All you do is destroyeverything you touch." Evan spat out and rushed to the door. He walked over thecorpses in the hall and opened the door, then closed it with more force thannecessary.