Chapter 22-I've been replaced

Those who are heartless once cared too much.
-unknown

I stopped at the coffee shop and bought two coffees on the go. It was a nice day at the end of January and it was perfect for a walk. I loved walking. I would have probably walked even if it had rained. Kane's house was pretty far away but I didn't mind it.

I knocked on his door careful not to drop the coffees. He answered quickly, a confused look on his face.

"What are you doing here?" He asked looking down at the coffees and back up at me. I wasn't sure if he expected someone else or if was just confused on my intentions to visit him.

"I need to talk to you." I said and walked in. He followed me into his house. I found the kitchen and put the cups down.

"How did you know where to find me?" His voice was slightly amused but I could hear the concern in his voice.

"I texted Daniel asking for your address and he gave it to me." I said simply. I sat down at the table and motioned for him to do the same. He took a seat, eyeing me reluctantly.

"This is not a good idea. I told you that Claire or Will should be the ones to tell you." He knew very well why I was there, then.

"Kane..." I sighed not particularly liking that he refused. "They won't. So, I need you to tell me. Please, sit down and let's chat." I was sick and tired of everyone treating me like a dumbass child and keeping me in the dark. I could have asked Daniel, but I didn't know him long enough to be sure he would actually tell me the whole story. But I knew that Kane would. Because, despite appearances, he cared about me and wanted to make me happy. And some answers would make me very happy. "I even brought coffee." I continued.

He ran a hand through his hair and shook his head. "Fine. What do you want to know?"

I knew he would give in, but I thought I would have to work a bit harder for it.

"Everything; I want you to tell me everything."

His jaw flexed and he avoided my gaze. "I don't even know where to begin." He huffed. He was tense, his muscles ripping through his tight blouse.

"Tell me what has gotten all of you so scared." I shrugged taking a sip of my coffee. I leaned back against the seat and waited for him to begin. I was impatient, but I needed to take things slow.

He sighed deeply, like the drama queen that he was. "You've met her already." He said like I was supposed to know what the hell he was talking about. Huh?

I raised my eyebrow giving him a questioning look. He rolled his eyes.

"Jane." He said and I frowned. Who the hell was Jane? "In London, when you were with Evan."

"Ohhh, yes, I remember; Evan's weird old friend." I nodded. What does she have to do everything? Surely, they can't be scared of her.

She looked like a powerful and fierce woman, also extremely beautiful, but she didn't look like she meant any harm.

"She's my sister."

My eyes widened and I opened my mouth but nothing came out. I ran a hand over my face.

Oh.

That was some shocking news. They looked nothing alike. He was blonde with ice-like blue eyes and muscular. She was delicate, with brown hair and green eyes. They were both tall, but that's pretty much the only resemblance.

But if I thought more about it, they had the same bone structure, the same strong jaw and high cheekbones. And they were both gorgeous.

"Excuse me?" I asked, still unable to believe what I had heard. Why did I not know about this earlier? And still, what did she have to do with anything?