Chapter 20-Time to accept it

Broke my heart
By saving yours.
-unknown

I took a deep breath and opened the door. Kane was wearing a dress shirt with black jeans and he was holding a cake.

"I brought desert." He smiled stepping in.

"It's not too late to back down. Just leave now..."

"Relax, Kora. I'm not afraid of your daddy."

I groaned and shook my head. He had a gun tucked in the back of his belt. I decided against taking it from him and walked him to the kitchen.

He smiled when we walked in while everyone jumped out for their seats. My dad reached for his gun that wasn't there anymore and groaned looking at me with a death stare.

"Let's all calm down." I started raising my hands and stepping in front of Kane.

"I'm going to fucking kill you, you fucking son of a bitch." Irina said and everyone looked at her shocked. She was holding the knife I put there for her to eat with. I'm not even sure that knife could hurt someone.

"It's so good to see you." Kane said from behind me.

"You're dead." She had a dangerous look in her eyes and she wanted to step closer. Lara grabbed her arm and stopped her.

"Let's hear what he has to say." She looked at me like she wanted to read my mind to see what I was thinking. Lara convinced Irina to sit down. She was still staring at us but seemed to have calmed down. I turned to my mom who was just sitting there ready to jump at Kane's throat.

"Mom, dad, it's fine. I trust him." I said and my dad was probably asking if I lost my mind. "Sit down, please."

"He still has his gun." My dad pointed out.

"He's not going to shoot anybody. He comes in peace." I looked at Kane and he smiled at me. He was relaxed still holding that cake in his hands.

I took the cake from him and put it on the counter.

"Dad..." I pleaded with my eyes. "Trust me."

"I trust you; it's him that I don't trust."

"He had a chance to hurt me and kill me but he didn't."

"This is crazy." My mom mumbled but sat down. My dad looked at her and sighed.

He sat down too and I turned to Kane motioning for him to come to the table. He approached the table and pulled my seat back motioning for me to sit. I did and then he took a seat next to me. I looked over at my dad and his mouth was open and he seemed completely outraged.

"What?" I asked confused.

"What- what the hell was that?" He motioned to Kane and my seat.

"It's called being a gentleman, you should try it sometimes." Kane grinned and I mentally groaned. "Oh, relax, William, I'm not hitting on your daughter." Kane said casually helping himself to the salad.

"You-" My dad was about to jump over the table and strangle him. I put my hand over his and he looked at me with anger.

"Calm down, dad." Everyone was silent waiting for something to happen. "He was not hitting on me." I said, but my dad's eyes were still glistening with disbelief. I huffed annoyed. Why did he not believe me? "I am not screwing him!" I said a bit louder then intended.

"Kora, language!" Lara said. Irina was just looking at me slightly amused and my mom seemed to want to strangle me.

"She's saying the truth." Kane looked at my dad. My dad was silent and staring at Kane like he was planning the many ways to kill him. Kane rolled his eyes and became more serious. "She could be my daughter. It's disgusting."