Chapter 17-Excuse me for freaking out

You were born a leader
No throne or crown is needed.
-Shivam Pandey

I can't believe it has actually been a whole week since I became Evan's girlfriend. It felt unreal. But it was so good.

One more week until school starts and I'm dreading it. But I'm trying to stay positive and it's easier than I thought it could be.

Evan and I were walking to his apartment after our dinner and a movie date. We were holding hands and I swear I felt like I was floating. He looked down at me and squeezed my hand.

He gave me a small smile, casual and heartwarming as he opened his apartment door. He let me walk in first like a gentleman and then closed the door behind him.

"Evan, you're home!" A girl with a chirpy voice, in her mid-twenties walked out of Evan's bedroom. Evan immediately dropped my hand, but I was too busy staring at the woman to notice.

She was pretty. She had big brown eyes that reminded me of a puppy and dark brown hair. She gave off amazing vibes. But who the fuck was she? I studied her quickly trying to decide if I should knock her teeth out for breaking into his apartment.

She frowned looking at me. "Who are you?" Her voice was sweet and she seemed like a kind person. No knocking teeth out, then.

I frowned back. "Who are you?" I retorted. I looked at Evan from the corner of my eye and he was frozen. He looked terrified. Was she one of his exes?

"I'm Kim, Evan's fiancée." She said and I felt the air leave my body.

Oh, my God. I coughed. I felt like the roof was falling on me. She extended her hand and gave me a warm smile. The poor girl was totally oblivious.

"I'm Kora." I gained my composure and smiled back, trying to control my hand that was shaking like crazy. She still looked confused, because my name wasn't familiar. "Mr. C is my trainer." I explained, pointing at Evan who was still very much a statue.

"Oh?" She looked over at Evan waiting for him to confirm it.

I winced at the look she gave him. I looked at him the same way. She was in love with him. My heart broke for her.

"I-" Evan tried to say something but he looked like he couldn't find the words.

I licked my lips and shook my head. If I didn't get out of there, Evan would be the one with no teeth left. "I should probably go. I'm sure you have a lot to catch up on." I gave her a small smile and turned around.

Evan looked down at me pleading with his eyes. I shook my head and walked out the door. I wanted to scream 'fuck you' in his face, but I didn't.

It wasn't worth it. He wasn't worth it. I can't believe he did this to me. I can't believe he did this to her.

But at the same time, I wasn't surprised. It all seemed too good to be true in the first place. And now reality dawned on us and showed us that life, in fact, is not pleasant.

Piper realized something was wrong the moment I stepped in the house. I wasn't sure if I liked that. I wanted to be alone, but I also wanted to talk to someone.

Piper, James and my parents were in the kitchen preparing dinner. Weird, I don't remember my parents adopting them.

"What happened?" She asked concerned and everybody turned to look at me. I blinked at them, unable to form words. Okay, let's all stare at poor, sad, mentally unstable Kora.

I took a deep breath and took a seat on one of the stools. I needed alcohol.

"Kor?" James asked and I looked at him, afraid of his answer to my next question.