Chapter 15-I'd take a bullet for you

She's gonna forever say "I got this" even with tears in her eyes.
-unkown

So here we are, all three of us boarding on a plane to San Francisco. I haven't talked to Evan at all. Thank God for Piper for making everything less embarrassing. Our seats were next to each other and the flight was 14 hours with a layover in Los Angeles.

"Can I sit at the window, please?" Piper asked and I felt like I was falling from the sky. I thought that she would sit between me and Evan. Oh well, let the sky fall.

It's been three hours. Piper was sleeping like a baby and I was avoiding Evan at all costs. I could feel his eyes on me from time to time, but I kept on ignoring him.

"Can we talk?" He asked softly and my entire body blocked.

"Yeah. What do you want to talk about?"

"Well, I told you that I love you and you left with no explanation whatsoever and then proceeded to ignore me completely."

I mean he wasn't wrong, that's exactly what I did. But I spent the last 4 days trying to convince myself to stop feeling guilty. And he wanting to talk about it wasn't helping in any way.

"Can we do this when we get home? I don't want everyone hearing our conversation." I said looking at the lady in front of us who was clearly listening to our conversation. Thank God Evan doesn't look his age and neither do I.

"Ok. I just wanted you to know that I didn't mean to drop it on you like that. And I know you don't feel the same, which is completely fine." He breathed close to my ear and my stomach dropped.

Can I just fucking die??

I bit my lip begging the gods for this flight to be over. Thankfully Piper woke up and everything went back to normal.

Piper's POV

I can't believe I'm in America! I've always wanted to come here and now thinking that I'm going to spend the entire winter break here makes me feel so happy.

I can't say the same thing about my two companions who look like they would rather be anywhere else but here. Kora looks like she's going to throw up or punch someone in the face.

Evan on the other hand looks uncomfortable, but every time he looks at her his whole face lights up and his eyes sparkle. If you ask me it's quite adorable. They would look so good together, honestly. I don't think Kora's boyfriend would agree with me, though.

We just got our luggage and were headed for the exit. We weren't sure who was picking us up but Kora said she'll know when she'll see them.

We were walking casually when Kora stopped dead in her tracks. Her eyes lit up and the biggest smile I've ever seen appeared on her face.

"Oh my God!" She whispered before dropping all of her bags and running to a guy. He barely had a chance to see who attacked him before she jumped on him, her legs going around his waist and her arms around his neck. She buried her face in his neck and she stayed like that for a while.

The guy was really good looking. He had brown hair and brown eyes. He was wearing glasses, a pair of black jeans and a white shirt. His messy brown hair and those rectangular glasses really made him look like a drool worthy nerd.

He was even better looking than Evan. The guy's features were much more delicate while Evan had something that screamed raw and masculine. While I was admiring the guy, I felt Evan tense behind me. I looked at him sympathetically.