she saved me

Charlie's POV

Yale. She was gorgeous. She had a rich brown eyes and dark curly hair. She was amazing. She was perfect. So why have we been flirting for over a year but I still didn't have the nerve to ask her to be my girlfriend?

A little vodka should do the trick. Now I just need to write a list of places I can take her.

Places 2 take yale
bowling (idk if she likes to bowl and i'm kinda shit)
ArizonaShack Diner (she'd probably hate that place)
A bar

Maybe that's what I need. A bar would help me clear my mind. I need some quality shit, not this cheap garbage I get from the gas station. I mean my parents have some nice stuff but, they'd know it was me if any went missing. I'm gonna go for a drive.

I tried to stand but I could barely feel my legs. I don't think I'm that drunk. I mean I can still form a sentence. It's fine.

Yale: Omg you have to see our power point! Ellie and I killed! Charlie where are you going?
Charlie: Umm. Walmart?
Yale: Charlie are you drunk?
Charlie: No, you're drunk.
Yale: You said you were gonna stop.
Charlie: And I will, once I feel like it.
Yale: Could you stop drinking if you wanted to?
Charlie: Of course but I just don't want to silly head.
Yale: Umm Ellie! Could you come down for a sec.
Ellie: What's up.
Yale: Car keys. Now.
Charlie: You suck.
Yale: Charlie's drunk.
Ellie: You promised you would stop.

I was facing the screen door trying to slide it open. I hated that stupid lock until a hit the ground.

Ellie: BEN! Charlie passed out again.
____________________________________
Ellie's POV

My brothers mean more to me than anything in the world. But Charlie hasn't been himself lately. He's been drinking himself into corners every night and I don't know why. Dad's been out of town a lot lately. He rarely ever answers our calls and when he does, it's for 3 minutes tops- And mom keeps disappearing off to these remote resorts where no one can reach her. I'm not sure how I could let either of them know that their family needs them.

Ben: Yale can you help me carry him onto the couch?
Yale: Yeah of course.
Ben: I think it's time we call dad, this is getting out of hand.
Ellie: You don't think he'll have to go to rehab do you?
Ben: I don't know L.
Ellie: Why is he doing this?
Ben: I DONT KNOW L! I'm gonna call dad and see if he can fly out early.
Ellie: Okay.
____________________________________
Charlie's POV

After being in rehab for about a month, Yale came to visit me for the first time ever. That's when I knew I loved her and I gave her the biggest kiss I've ever given anyone before ever.

She wasn't even my official girlfriend and she stood by me until I got out. The entire time I was working on getting sober, I worked for Ellie so I could always protect her. Ben so i could make him proud. And Yale so I could be the perfect boyfriend for her.

After 3 months, I was released. And who drove me home from the hospital? Yale.

And who did I call when I felt like I needed a drink? Yale.

Who made me feel like the strongest man on the planet? Who made me feel like I could do anything? Who made me feel like I was on the top of the world. Yale did. It was always her and it will always be her.

So that night on her 16th birthday, I asked Yale to be my girlfriend.

And the night of her 17th birthday (our one year anniversary) We lost out virginities to each other.

And all of the good moments we shared together outshine the bad ones.

I don't regret getting in between her and Vinnie when I was 14 because she saved my life when I was 16. And I owe her everything.

I love this woman. And I'll never let her go.