Chapter Thirty Eight - Alls well that ends Well

I found my brother and Nate talking outside, I headed over to speak to them when I caught them mid conversation

"Just tell, Rose."

"Tell Rose what?" I questioned and came to stand with them "You best man speech now. I will be right with you." I tell my brother pointing inside

"Yes, Boss." he left the two of us

"It's a long story. And you have to be back in there." he tried to shrug the matter off.

"Well it turns out I have time. That and I'm an angel I could commit a grievous sin or two and he wouldn't mind." he chuckled

"It's your fathers wedding."

"Yes it is and your my date and whatever, so there is a choice, you come back with me and let your troubles fade away for the night. Tomorrow I will make breakfast ask Arissa to do some shopping giving you plenty of time to unburden yourself. Or you ask me to leave with you and I will." he thought about it. He then took my hand and lead me back inside.  Chuck tapped his glass and everyone went quiet.

"I'd like to propose a toast." I took out my phone and went to film it

"What are you doing?"

"If he screws up I want it on video, if he doesn't oh well." i whispered back and hit record.

"My father goes after what he wants. And Lily Van der Woodsen was no exception. In typical Bass man faction, his pursuit was direct and at times not exactly subtle." he paused then put his cards down.

"One thing I learned from his courtship with Lily is the importance of perseverance. That in the face of true love you don't just give up. Even if the object of your affection is begging you to" people chuckled

"And one thing from Lily is the importance of forgiveness. She gave my father the gift of a second chance and in kind, I've watched him become someone worthy of that gift. And one day, I hope I'll be lucky enough to find someone who will do the same for me. To the happy couple." I stopped recording, it was actually good, he didn't screw up aww man. One time I'm wanting him to he does something sweet and perfect.

"I'm gonna go. I'm sorry." Nate kissed my head and left

"Wait. I..." everyone clapped around us. I looked at my brother hurt. As Lily and my father went to dance. Chuck pulled me into an embrace.

"You're gonna be okay." He muttered in  my ear, trying to reassure me and comfort me. I was not longer in the part or romantic mood anymore. I just wanted my bed so I could hide under the covers.

"Tell, them I felt dizzy or something." I pulled away "I don't want to ruin their moment by me having Panda eyes. I will text you when i'm home."

"Of course." I went to demanding myself not to cry until I was at least outside. I bumped into Dan.