Chapter Thirty - Trouble! Enough Said

At school the next day

At school the next day. I was reading outside school when Chuck come over.

"How do you do the things you do and still come out smelling like a Rose." he huffed annoyed as he sat down next to me. I closed my book giving him my attention.

"What's going on?" I ask

"Father seems to think I was behind that stunt with Serena. He never questioned you did he?" I shook my head

"I know you didn't do that, besides if you were so planning to, you know I love a good prank and we would have come up with something better." I knock his shoulder with a small smile, my lame attempt to cheer him up.

"See, why can't he see that." he complained and I sighed.

"Because he's father. Just be straight up with him or do you want me to talk with him?" I offered, he shook his head.

"No, because then he'll turn it around and say I need you to fight my own battles." he replied and took out a notebook.

"I've got three cases of champagne for Serena van der woodsen." Someone stated and we looked over at a delivery guy.

"Oh, no, no. I'm Serena Van Der Woodsen but those aren't mine." she denied

"Well the purchase order never lies, salut." he left the box. Serena looked over to us, the stormed inside as other teens cracked up the box and went wild.

"She can't seriously accuse you of that, can she. You wouldn't dare do that on school property." I exclaim connecting the invisible dots together.

"I'm sure she'll make it look that way." he rebuffed

--------

I was walking out of school with Nate when my phone rang. I answered

"Hello."

"Rosie, it's Jenny. I know your mad at me, but please don't hang up." I stopped walking and so did Nate.

"What's going on?" I question her, something about the tone of her voice worried me and anything that she did before flew out of the window.

"Look, I wouldn't be calling you if I had anyone else to turn to but I made a mistake and I need to borrow some money." she admitted

"Jen, slow down. Just tell me what's going on."

"I swear I'll pay you back, just please help me. I made a mistake and I need to fix it" her voice broke like she was on the verge of crying

"Okay okay. How much?" I agreed

"Eight thousand dollars." my head snapped to Nate in shock.

"Eight thousand, Jen what do you need that kind of money for?" I questioned in a state of awe.

"You know what forget it. I'm sorry I bothered you." she hung up. I attempted to call her back but she wasn't picking up. I groaned in frustration as Nate put his hand on my shoulder.