Chapter Eight - To Ivy or not to Ivy

I stood in front of my full length mirror and stared at my reflection

I stood in front of my full length mirror and stared at my reflection. School time. My door opened and Arissa popped her head around.

"You have a visitor." I walked out of my room. Dan waited their with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey, to what do I owe the pleasure."

"Well, I, Uh promised to show you Brooklyn best coffee so I figured we could stop by on our way to school." he thought out loud, he was awkward.I smiled at him.

"That's cool. Bye Arissa."

"Don't forget you have your interview after school." I nodded and we left.

"So where is Jenny?" I wonder wy she wasn't walking with us

"She left early she and her choir are doing a morning performance." he answered and I nodded in understanding.

"Right." The two of us got our coffee and headed for school.

The two of us walked onto the school grounds laughing and stopped.

"See you later." I chuckled shoving him slightly.

"Later." I made my way up the steps and into the school. I stood at my locker and sorted my stuff out.

"Can we talk?" Blair asked

"What can I do for you Blair. If you're conspiring with my brother, leave me out of it." I retort not interested in her bullshit, i have better things to do and falling into my old ways with her isn't one of them. i have a life to get back on track.

"It's not that, look I was a total bitch yesterday. I'm so sorry."

"Why do people feel the need to apologise to me and not the ones they actually offended. Serena and Nate did a stupid thing but hey that's what happens when drink is involved. But you being a bitch about it not letting them hash things out is gonna hurt you in the long run. As for telling Dan, it wasn't yours to tell. That was you just being a horrible person for no reason."

"There must be something I can do, your my best friend Rosie." she pleaded with me to at least give her some leeway.

"You're an A student, figure it out." I closed my locker and left. I sat away from my friends during assembly, The choir finished as Principal Trudow stood in front of us

"Good Morning Students. I ask all of you to show a little sympathy for our junior class they are almost through Ivy Week."

"As is our long standing tradition the Constance Billard Girls will be in charge of Friday's night mixer and the St Jude's boys will provide ushers for the visiting representatives." Mr Presscott continued

"For those of you who dream of attending an Ivy League school. This mixer is the most important event of your life." I roll my eyes, a bit of an oversell.

"No pressure." Mr Presscott laughed . I take out my phone and start texting.

To Dan- Yawn. I look across and see him shift slightly he takes his phone out and smiles then looks up at me I tap my mouth. He replies

To Rose - shh, this happens to be riveting I cover my mouth

To Dan - I've given more inspiring speeches.

"Who are you texting?" Blair whispers from behind me. I put my phone away and scowl at her. We were finally dismissed and walked out. Dan was talking with Serena.

During Lunch I found Dan and Jenny in the courtyard.

"So, are you clawing to be a Ivy usher." I joke sitting down "I never asked. What happened with your face? We're you in a cat fight?" Jenny laughs. How did I not notice it? I don't know, oh well.

"No his face met a shaver who tried to run away" the blonde replied

"Ha ha you two are hilarious. It's not that bad is it?"

"Not if you want to be apart of a drunken brawl fight, you'd fit right in. So which Ivy school were you so riveted by?" Jenny looked at us confused

"The assembly was boring, we talked." she nodded understanding

"Dartmouth."

"Fancy, I'm sure you'll walk it." I smile

"What about you which Ivy are you applying for?" Jenny wondered

"None. I highly doubt a Ivy League school will accept anyone with my record. I'm applying to NYU." I informed them

"Oh," she seemed surprised

"Your surprised. I don't exactly have a sparkling record and I'm still working up to B's I'm behind on work and constantly playing catch up. If I don't score well on my re takes, there is a chance I will have to re do a year."

"Bestie." Blair sat down next to me "Besties other friends." she addressed Dan and Jen. "I have realised that the only way for me to make amends is to apologise. I'm sorry for outing secrets to you in public and embarrassing you" Dan looked to me as if to say is she serious? I nodded

"Uh, that's okay. You might have actually done me a favour." Dan replied

"Ugh I don't like mushy stuff. I'm leaving. I'll talk to you later." she blew me a kiss and left us.