Chapter Thirteen - Uh - Oh

I stepped into the ladies to Serena and Jenny were there

I stepped into the ladies to Serena and Jenny were there. I was taken aback a little but recovered, to not be fazed.

"Well hello Cinderella." I chime taking off my mask.

"Wow, Rose, look at you. You look amazing."

"Thanks. Hey S what's the matter?" I wonder placing my mask down on the vanity.

"Do you know Dan's friend Vanessa." My mouth opened and closed like a goldfish "You do."

"Apparently so do you which means there's nothing to keep secret. I met her today, she's rude. And has put us into the stereotypical pile. You know she had the audacity to call me a brat." I commented texting Arissa that i was in the ladies room. It was close to midnight.

"Well apparently Dan loved her."

"That I did know. Rufus told me. Fathers and Sisters spill stuff. No offence Cinderella." i aimed the last part at Jenny.

"None taken. So what happened?" Jenny questioned

"Dan threw me through the loop and showed up here." I shrugged already knowing this

"Well go, Dan!" Jenny beamed

"Then he left to chase after Vanessa." Serena added and I winced slightly

"No, V is Dan's best friend" Jenny assured her

"They seem more than that, they have history?" Serena sighed toying with her mask

"Sure But Dan has never liked a girl the way he likes you. Come on I mean he's at a masked Ball. He'd go anywhere with you. Except maybe the ice capes because that really freaked him out when he was five." We laughed

"Maybe i'll go find him. Don't know about this mask though it keeps falling off." she groans

"Well I would give you mine but it's my disguise from blair." Jenny replied

"You wanna trade." Serena offered and Jenny shrugged just as the door opened again.

"There you are." Arissa breathed

"I will see you out there." The two of us left. "Arissa calm down, why don't you get us something to drink. I will be right over there." She nodded and we separated. I was grabbed from behind before i could go any further.

"Serena, just don't say anything and let me explain." It was Nate

"Oh my god." I breathed

"I've been trying to do the right thing, It's killing me. I know we both care about Blair, but maybe the best thing is to tell her the truth. I'm not over you, I thought i could fight it, but I can't and if you don't stop me I'm gonna kiss you." He swung me around and pressed his lips to mine. I should have fought him off but I kissed back.

"Nate?" We broke apart. It was Serena. Oh shit.

"Wait, Rosie have you seen Nate?" Blair asked but I ran off to find Arissa. It stroke midnight and I removed my mask and turned around

"Arissa!." I shouted running over to her "We're going now." she put down her glasses and we left.

"Rose, what's wrong?" she questioned seeing the state I was now in within the moments since she had left me.

"I did something stupid." she removed her mask with a look of shock "Not that kind of stupid but stupid none the less. Can we just go home?"

"Your brother asked us to wait for him, he was adamant that you were safe." I groaned and took out my phone.

"Chuck where are you. I wanna go home now." I grumble when he answers his phone.

"Relax , we're coming out front, give me a a couple of minutes." he answered and I looked towards the entrance hoping to see him come that second

"Just please hurry. I did a silly thing."

"Those are the best kind, why does it sound like a bad thing." he wondered

"Just hurry up." I waited and saw him, Nate and Blair. "Oh no." Nate saw me and diverted his eyes to Blair. Then he and Nate came over.

"So what's wrong that we have to high tail it out of here." My brother asked as I shared a guilty look.

"Oh I know that look, so who's the lucky guy of the evening." he smirked but this was no laughing matter, I felt horrible and he wasn't helping by thinking my old tricks were good.

"Can we just go." I got in the limo and sat as far away from Nate as possible. We dropped him off first then it was us.

"Rosie, you seemed a little freaked out."

"I'm fine, Night, Charles." I climbed out. and went straight to my bedroom.