10.

AN: AHHHH THANK YOU GUYS SOO MUCH FOR 600 READERS! This is soo exciting and I cannot thank you guys enough!

________________________________________________________________________________

We spent the last half an hour rehearsing a song called 'Flying Solo' which was originally a poem Julie wrote about Flynn. It's kinda a bummer that I missed Julie chase Luke around the studio. Flynn has just walked into the studio, oh god, now i'm scared.

'Delta? What are you doing here?'

'I'm, uh, performing with them.'

'Oh, okay, so you're insane too.'

'Okay, just sit down, Reggie needs space to jam out.' I say as I push her into a chair.

'Wow, when you two create a world you really live in it!'

'The guys took a poem I wrote about you and put it to music.' Julie explains.

'Can't wait to speak to both of your parents after this.' I just roll my eyes and walk over to my mic in front of Alex's drums.

'It's called "Flying Solo".'

Julie begins to create a beat, then comes in with her piano. I decided i would play the guitar for today, although I think later I might have a go on the drums, it's been a while. 

Bold - Julie    Italics - Delta     Bold + Italics - Julie and Delta    Normal - Boys

If I leave you on a bad note
Leave you on a sad note
Guess that means I'm buying lunch that day
I know all your secrets
You know all my deep-dish
Guess that means some things they never

They never change
We both know what I, what I
What I mean
When I look at you it's like I'm looking at me

The boys then appear to join in the chorus, making Flynn jump at least a foot in the air from surprise.

My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you

Hey, yeah, yeah
Hey, yeah, yeah
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you

I'm so happy Julie gave me a solo, but god am I nervous.

Yeah, you know who I'm likin' way before I liked them, duh
'Cause you liked them first
And if somebody hurts you, I'm gonna get hurt too
That's just how we work, yeah, that's just how we work

It will never change
We both know what I, what I
What I mean
When I look at you it's like I'm looking at me

Julie pulls Flynn over to Luke, you jumps out at her on a 'Hey!' startling her. They then walk over to Alex and dance with him a bit and finally walk over to Reggie.

My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you

Hey, yeah, yeah
Hey, yeah, yeah
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you

Flynn sticks her hand through Reggie's shoulder, whilst Luke walks over to me.

'Weird right?'

'They're ghosts!'

'Oh, we prefer musician spirits.'

'Oh shut up Alex.' I chuckle.

'Julie... so does this mean that you're joining our band?' Luke asks from beside me.

'Umm... actually, I think you're joining her band.'

'I'm gonna go with what she said.' 

'So then I guess we need your permission to ask Delly?' I look over at Luke surprised.

'Me? Wh- why would you want me in the band?'

'Why not?' They all chorus, causing me to laugh.

'So?' Luke asks.

'Uhhh, sure!' Luke hugs me while laughing.

'WHAT? DELTA CAN TOUCH THEM?'

'Yeah, i don't know, i only just found out too.' Julie whispers to Flynn, making everyone laugh.

My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you

Hey, yeah, yeah, yeah
Hey, yeah, yeah
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you

You

'Still wanna talk to my dad?'

'Nah, i'm good, although i might need to talk to Delly's mom.'

'What why?'

'Because you're talking again! And singing.'

'Ohh, right, well my mum kinda left so i don't know how...'

'Where'd she go?'

'No clue. But it doesn't matter, 'cause i have everything i need right here.'

'Awww, group hug!' Reggie exclaims.

'Reggie, you can't touch them.' Alex deadpans.

'Then we'll have two group hugs,' I say, 'One with Julie, Flynn and I, then one with Luke, Alex and Reggie.'

'Okay!' We all do our group hugs, and after I pull away from mine, I look over to the boys who are smiling goofily over at me.

'What?' I ask in confusion.

'They may not be able to touch us, but you can.' That's all I needed to hear from Luke to run over and join their group hug.

But i regret it.

'Ew, ew, ew you guys are all sweaty!'

'I can't explain those two, but playing the drums is hard work!' Alex justifies.

'Yeah but even I don't get half as sweaty when i play!' I retaliate.

'You play the drums?' They all chorus.

'Yeah she does, and the piano, and bass, and rhythm guitar, and six-string guitar.' Julie explains, while I just smile innocently and the gawping boys.

'Oh and i've seen her on a saxophone a couple times!' Flynn adds, speaking to the general direction the guys were in.

'What the f-' Luke is cut off by Reggie screaming.

'SHOW US!'

'Okay okay, Alex can I borrow your sticks?'

He just nods and passes them to me.

'Uhhh, what song?'

'What was that one you were obsessed with for like 2 months?' Julie asks.

'"Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon?' I reply.

Julie then rushes over to her little machines and suddenly the music is playing out of her speakers, minus the drum part. I smile and head over to the drums.

*visual* https://youtu.be/9qpd7Y3GqXA 

Whilst i'm drumming, Julie and Flynn are dancing along to the music whilst the boys stand in shock. Their jaws drop impossible more when I am leading up to the end of the song, just before the chorus comes in. When i'm finished, I walk over to Alex and hand him his sticks, then lift up my arms.

'See, no sweat.' And with that, I leave the studio.

WORDS: 1036