12.

AN: AHHH WE REACHED 1K READS OML I AM SCREAMING WHAT THE JKHFVVHGSDHB. THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS VOTED COMMENTED READ AND EVEN JUST SEEN THE COVER OF THIS STORY, I DID NOT EXPECT IT TO GET THIS MUCH ATTENTION SO THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

'We're playing a school dance? Sweet!'

'It's not exactly the Strip.'

'And you're not exactly alive, so you should be happy we have our first gig.' I chime in as I enter the studio. Reggie and Julie wave to me while Luke glares playfully.

'I wasn't in love with the idea at first either, but it could be a great way for us to build a following, right?' Julie tries to get Luke on board with the idea whilst I make my way up to the loft.

I don't hear the conversation from then other than Luke yelling 'ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME' which makes me giggle.

I make my way back down the loft, with what I was looking for in the first place in hand and walk over to Julie who's leaning against the piano with Luke and Reggie opposite her.

'Hey Jules, can I borrow this vinyl? All my favourite songs are on there.' I ask, holding up the 5sos album from 2014.

'Yeah, sure. I haven't used it in ages so you can have it. Actually, there's a bunch of vinyls up there that I don't use anymore, all my favourites are in my room so you can have them all.'

'Really? Are you sure, there's like 100.' I ask, shocked she would just let me have them.

'No, go ahead, most of the albums i know you listen to anyway so think of it as an early birthday present.'

'Thanks Jules.' I give her a side hug before heading back up to the loft to move all the boxes of vinyls down and eventually into my room.

'Need help?' Luke asks.

'Depends, can you pick stuff up now?'

'I've been practising.' He says proudly.

'Alright then, just don't drop them down the stairs.'

'Yes ma'm.' He salutes me and heads up the ladder. I chuckle and decide to stay at the bottom so Luke can pass them to me.

About 10 minutes later, all the boxes full of vinyls have been successfully transferred from the loft to my bedroom, with the help of Luke, (who only dropped one box but luckily i caught it) and placed next to my turn table. We head back to the studio because Julie wants to start practicing.

When we get there, Alex still isn't back so i take his place at the drums for the time being.

We practice for about 20 minutes until Alex finally walks through the garage doors.

'Oh. Hey, Alex.' I slip away from the drums, praying Alex doesn't see me, and grab my rhythm guitar from behind me and go to stand next to Julie. Alex is too preoccupied to notice me do this as he is busy being bombarded by Luke with questions on his whereabouts.

'Where have you been? We need to start practicing.'

'1. I saw you Delly don't try to sneak away, 2. for what?' I sigh in defeat and send an innocent smile Alex's way.

Before anyone can respond, Flynn walks into the studio, hyped as ever.

'Dance, news! I don't have a date. But I don't care because i'm so psyched to see you guys perform.'

'Oh man! We're playing a dance?'

'Of course, dude. That's how we get a following nowadays.'

'Yeah, get with the program, Alex.' I but in, getting another glare in return. I put my hands up in defeat and hear Flynn mutter, 'Still not used to the talking thing.'

'What? The guys are here? Hey guys!' Flynn waves in the complete opposite direction the guys are, making me face palm.

'Other way sweetie.'

'Oh' Flynn waves, in the right direction this time, and Reggie waves back, even though she can't see.

'Ok, well now that Alex has graced us with his presence, can we start working?'

'Yes! We're gonna rehearse. You wanna stick around?'

By phone buzzes in my back pocket, indicating i have a message. I pull out my phone and read the message. It felt like my whole world just froze, i didn't even notice Carlos walked in until Alex's scream snapped me out of my daze. I look up to see Flynn and Carlos exiting the studio and hear a faint, 'Hi Delly, bye Delly' but i'm in so much shock I only just notice. 

'Shall we try this again?' 

No one seems to notice the state i'm in until I drop my phone in shock, they all look over at me, concern spread on their faces.

'Del? Del, whats wrong?' I can hear Luke and the others trying to talk to me but i'm frozen in place, it isn't until Luke touches my shoulder I snap out of my shocked state and a single tear falls down my cheek. Immediately, i drop my guitar and sprint out of the studio and into my own home. 

LUKE'S POV:

After Delta left, I go to go after her but the sound of Julies voice stops me. 

'Guys...' I look over and see Julie has picked up Delta's phone and was readin one of those text thingys.

'What? What is it?' I move forward and peer over Julie's shoulder, Alex and Reggie mirroring my actions.

The message was from her mom, it read:

MUM 🌸

At Police station, Oakley was found.

Omg is she alright?? Where have you been?

No honey, they found her body

Read 5:47

WORDS: 899

AN: DUN DUN DUUUUNNNNN. Just thought i'd let you guys know, I have my MOCK GCSE's coming up, so updates may be slow but I will try my best!