1.02

Yeona and Minhyung eyed the two that stood before them

"Prince Haechan," she said, making him frown. "Princess Haru. May I ask you two what you are doing here in Sedia?"

Haru smirked. "Didn't your father tell you? He invited us to your birthday ball. Haechan's parents wanted to do some catching up with yours seeing that they haven't seen each other in 6 years."

Yeona clenched her jaw. "He didn't tell me."

"Don't be so surprised." Yeona bore her eyes into Haechan when he finally spoke. "My parents have been good friends with yours for years. You should know that."

"Yes, and that's why we haven't spoken to each other in six years," she said sarcastically. Minhyung gently put his hand on her lower back, signaling her to calm down. Haechan eyed their interaction, mentally rolling his eyes.

Yeona took a deep breathe. "Well if you'll excuse us, we should be heading back to the palace now. I'll see the both of you in a few days."

Yeona and Minhyung got into the carriage, taking one last look at the two. "Good day," she forced out.
Haechan tilted his head to her, "likewise, Princess."

The carriage started moving and off the two went, back towards the palace. The princess sighed.
"Is something the matter?" Minhyung asked.

Yeona scoffed. "Is something the matter? Minhyung, didn't you see what happened back there? Out of all the days possible we had to stumble upon those two. I just wanted some damn pastries, not a reunion."

"Language," Minhyung said, giving her a hard look.
Yeona bit the inside of her cheek before rambling on again, "is she the one that they said he started seeing?"

She scoffed again, looking out the carriage window. "Who knew, the prince who would leave the princess of Sedia with no reason other than a letter from his parents that he started seeing another princess. And that princess happens to be my cousin."

"Half-cousin to be exact," Minhyung chimed in. Yeona shot him a look which caused him to jump back. "I don't see why you're so upset about this, Yeona. It's normal for a prince and princess to start courting each other."

"Yes but," she paused. "When did they start seeing each other? ...He promised we'd be together forever," she said quietly.

"You two were children at that age! We were children!" Minhyung exclaimed. "Children can't keep promises like that at that age."

Yeona looked at him sadly and he sighed. "Yeona, it's time that you move on. You've grown up now; and so has the little boy you were once friends with."

"