1.12

"They're over there! Get them!"

Haechan gritted his teeth and whipped the reigns harder, making the horse gallop faster. The sound of ten other horses following them could be heard and Yeona's and Haechan's heart pumped with adrenaline.

"Donghyuck."

"Yes?"

The horse weaved past trees and bushes, looking for a way to escape the pursuiters behind them.
"What if they get us?"
He gripped the reigns tighter. "They won't."

The shouts and yells of the following knights could be heard closer this time and Donghyuck whipped the reigns.
All of a sudden, the two reached a cliff causing them to halt. Donghyuck got off the horse, helping the princess off as well. He looked down the cliff, seeing a flowing river far down below.

She furrowed her brows. "Why did we get off? They're going to-"
Yeona was cut off as 10 horses with Ophoris knights surrounded the two.
"Youngho," Haechan said, glaring at the lead knight.

"Prince Haechan. How I wish things were different and we weren't in this god awful situation."

The prince scoffed, rolling his eyes. "We wouldn't be here if you didn't spoil my plans."

"And yet I had to. It's my duty to protect you." Youngho narrowed his eyes at him. "It's foolish of you to run away from such a luxurious life you were simply born in. Many people would die to be in your spot."
Haechan smirked. "Glad to know there are people to fulfill my role when I'm gone then."

"What-"

Haechan sharply turned to Yeona, looking hard into her eyes. "Do you trust me?"

"You know I do."

He grabbed her hand in his, pulling her into a hug. "Then here we go."

And with that, the prince pushed the both of them off the cliff. The knights gasped and rode to the edge, watching as the two plummeted down, down, and down.

"I promised you we'd be together no matter what," Haechan smiled as they both splashed into the ice cold river, away from their life of royalty.