1.20

Dear Minhyung,

Dear Minhyung,

I'm sorry. I'm sorry that things led to this but I couldn't handle it anymore. Please don't blame yourself for being unable to protect me, I know how you are. I have thought long about this and finally came to this decision.

Everyday I am in pain, knowing that the love of my life is married to another woman with a child. Even if he claims to love only me, it is slowly killing me inside. I can't handle the pain anymore.

Please don't go searching for the one who gave me the poison. Please respect my decision. This is my final wish.

Lee Minhyung,
Captain of the Royal Guards:
I now appoint you as the new ruler of Sedia.

I trust that you will lead this kingdom to greatness.

Thank you for being a great friend until the end. I love you, and farewell.

                                           Park Yeona

The queen sighed as she put the feather pen down and folded the letter into an envelope. She took the vile she had gotten from Renjun and dropped one drop into her tea as he had instructed.

She sat in her bed, slowly bringing the teacup to her lips. Her hand was shaking, but the slight fear she had did not stop her.
She drank the tea in one gulp and put the cup back down onto the nightstand.

Yeona settled into her bed, closing her eyes as if she was about to sleep.
But then she started coughing, gasping for air as she struggled to breathe. Her eyes shot open and she continued to cough, her eyes looking up at the ceiling of her bedroom.

So this is it, she thought. I'm sorry, Minhyung. I'm sorry, Donghyuck.

Her eyes started to water as she coughed harder. I wasn't strong enough.

And with that she closed her eyes, her lungs filling up with oxygen as she took one last, final breathe- and then her chest went still.