1.14

Four guards stood side by side Yeona and Haechan, escorting them to the throne room

Four guards stood side by side Yeona and Haechan, escorting them to the throne room. The sound of clinking metal could be heard with every step they took, their hands chained behind their backs.
Yeona shifted her eyes to Haechan with a worried look, but he only stared ahead, his gaze ablaze.

The princess lowered her head down in respect as they both approached the king and queen of Ophoris sitting on their thrones. Haechan, however, kept his head up, burning his eyes into his parents as he defied their authority.

"Son."

"Father."

The king narrowed his eyes. "What you've done is unacceptable, do you know that?"
Haechan scowled. "The way that you and mother are controlling my life is unacceptable."

His father harshly stood up, pounding his hands into the armchairs of his seat. "I am the King, I am your father! You obey my orders!"

"And how I wish that you weren't my father!"

The king furiously walked towards Haechan, raising his hand. The queen gasped, almost getting out of her seat, "no, Sanghoon-!"

smack!

The blood curdling sound echoed across the room. Yeona struggled to breathe- the tension in the air was so thick that it was suffocating her.
Haechan slowly turned his head back to look at his father, his cheek red from the impact. Blood started to seep out of small cuts made by the king's rings.

His father clenched his jaw and sharply turned to look at Yeona. Her blood ran cold as he took steps closer to her.
Haechan struggled to get out of the guards' grip. "Don't you dare touch her!" He yelled.

"Oh?" The king gripped her chin tightly, forcing her to look up at him. "And what if I do?"

"I'll kill you."

He chuckled. "We both know you don't have the guts to do that."
The king looked back down at Yeona and stroke her hair. "Such a pretty face, it would be a shame if it went to waste." He smirked before turning to look at Haechan. "Should we sell her to the whorehouse? I'm sure she'd sell for thousands."

The prince glared at his father. If looks could kill, he'd be ten feet underground already.

The king smirked and looked back down at the girl. "Yeona, Princess of Sedia," his grip on her chin tightened and she whimpered in pain. "How I despise your father," he spat. "A pity excuse for a king."

"He's more of a king than you'll ever be."

His eyebrows creased in anger and he rose his hand again. Yeona shut her eyes, waiting for the impact as he swung but- it never came.
She slowly opened her eyes and then widened seeing Haechan in between her and his father, kneeling.

The king looked at his son and rose a brow. Haechan tilted his head up towards his father. "If you're going to hurt her, hurt me instead. Don't touch her, don't do anything to her. Please," he pleaded.
His father smirked, "and why should I do that?"

"I'll marry Haru."

A sickly feeling rose in Yeona's stomach and tears began to develop in her eyes. "Haechan," her voice cracked. "Don't- don't do it for my sake!"
Tears began to run down her face as she sobbed, screaming out to him to not give into his father and let him ruin his happiness. "I'll be okay, please-"

"Silence!" His father echoed.

"Donghyuck," the prince heard her call out, his heart aching. Every cry from the girl he loved pierced his heart but he ignored every single one of them. He had to do this.

"I'll marry Haru," he said again. "In return, Yeona goes back to her kingdom, unharmed and lives the rest of her life happily."

"Donghyuck you can't do that." She attempted to go to him, but the guard behind her held her back. "You can't make decisions like that! How am I supposed to live happily without you?" She cried.

The king smiled. "Very well. Maybe you aren't so stupid after all. Guards- prepare a carriage to Sedia for the princess."

"No! Donghyuck! You promised!" She cried, tears dripping down her face as the guards dragged her away.

Haechan stayed quiet and shut his eyes, trying to block out every scream that she let out. He couldn't turn back on his decision now.

a/n: attention to those of you who use spotify!!

There is a playlist for this book:) every chapter that has a song linked to it can be found in the playlist. You can access it through the link in my bio or search up "Déjà Vu" in the spotify search bar.

Please let me know if it works!! I wrote this book with the music in mind so it all matches well and creates more emotion:).

Don't forget to vote and comment! Love you guys<3