1.03

Days flew by and it was finally the day of the ball

Days flew by and it was finally the day of the ball. Final preparations for Yeona's birthday were taking place, making sure that everything was perfect. Jaemin and Jeno had spent their last few days in the palace's kitchen along with the other chefs and bakers, prepping for the ball.

The sun had begun to set, indicating that there were only a few more hours until the big event and people from all over the lands will be arriving.

Maids were running to and fro in the dressing room, hurriedly getting the princess ready to look magnificent for the ball. They fitted her into her ballgown, tan tulle making up the skirt of the dress and reaching down onto the floor. Gold lacimg and stitching adorned all over her dress into swirls and flowers, the top forming a sweetheart neckline and the sleeves going off her shoulders.

The maids made sure to put the finest gold and diamond necklace around her exposed neck and earrings that would sparkle in the night as she walked. Her long, black hair was left down and her shining crown sat on the top of her head.

Yeona slipped into a pair of gold heels, taking a look at her apperance in the giant mirror.

"You look beautiful as always, Princess," Minhyung said, entering the room.

Yeona gave him a sharp glare through the mirror and he tensed up. "I mean, Yeona."
She smiled, satisfied. "Thank you, Minhyung. You don't look to bad yourself."

Minhyung blushed at her words as Yeona took in his appearance. A red coat stitched with yellow and gold thread to hold the pieces of gold chains across his chest. He wore white trousers paired with black boots that reached just below his knee. One of his hands was resting on the handle of his sword, showing off the gold rings on his fingers.

He coughed, "the guests have begun arriving. I assume that you should be ready and heading down to the ballroom soon."

Yeona nodded, heading towards where Minhyung stood. She turned to the maids, giving a smile and small bow of her head. "As always, thank you for your service."
The maids bowed back in response, giving her the signal to leave to the party with Minhyung.

The two walked side by side towards the ballroom, stopping in front of an enormous door.
Minhyung turned to her, "well, this is where you make your grand entrance. I'll be there already at the bottom of the steps."

Yeona nodded. "Thank you."

Minhyung left the princess and she took a deep breath, walking towards the big doors. Upon seeing the princess, the guards that stood watch opened the doors, revealing the party.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Princess Yeona of Sedia!"