1.13

A few days had passed

A few days had passed. After falling into the river, Yeona and Haechan walked along the bank until the prince guided her deeper into the woods. Eventually, they came to a wooden cabin surrounded by thick trees and bushes, almost hidden.

Turns out, this is the place that Haechan had been preparing for them. When they went inside, there was already clothes, food, and chopped firewood.
The past few days had been perfect. Although it was much different from their royal life, it was nothing that the two couldn't adapt to.

Yeona picked up a basket of clothes, heading out through the door.
Haechan was outside cutting more firewood; his sleeves were rolled up and the afternoon sun was hitting his skin, turning it golden. He ran a hand through his hair, wiping the sweat off his forehead and looked up. "Where are you going?"

Yeona held up the basket in her hands. "To go wash these by the river. I'll be back soon."
He nodded and resumed back to the firewood.

The river was not far from the cabin, only a few minutes walk. Yeona sat near the riverside and started to wash the dirty laundry.
It had only been a few minutes until she felt the ground start to rumble. She furrowed her brows, and that's when she heard the hooves of horses coming her way. Her eyes widened and she got up, sharply turning around.

A group of five knights on top of horses surrounded her; one of them with a sword pointed at her neck. "Princess Yeona of Sedia- you are under arrest for trying to escape with Prince Haechan. Now come and lead us to the prince."

The princess glared at the knight speaking to her. "And what if I don't?"
The knight jerked his sword towards her neck, the tip of his blade slightly digging into her skin. "Then your punishment will be death. We have orders."

"I assume Haechan's father put you up to this?" The knight didn't respond and Yeona scoffed. "So be it. I'd rather die than have his father control him for the rest of his life," she sneered.

The princess gritted her teeth as the pain in her neck grew, the knight digging into her skin with his sword. Deeper and deeper he dug, and a stream of blood starting to run down her neck and chest.

"Stop!"

All of them turned their heads to the voice and saw Haechan running towards them. He shoved the blade off of Yeona's neck, quickly covering the wound with a cloth. "Are you insane?"

She chuckled, "insane for you."
He glared at her. "Yeona, this is not the time to be joking around."
She hardened her gaze. "They were going to take us- you, away. Back to your father. I couldn't let them do that."

"That doesn't matter! Don't you care about me? What would have I done if they had actually killed you?! You're lucky I came in time-"

"Prince Haechan." The voice of one of the knights echoed. "We were ordered by your father to bring you back home. It's either you comply or we take the princess back to your father and have him do what he wishes with her."

Haechan clenched his jaw, glaring at the knights who surrounded them. He sighed, realizing that there was no way out. He looked at Yeona, the bleeding from her neck continued and he knew that she was going to need medical attention soon.

"Fine, I will comply. But we treat the princess first."

Haechan and Yeona got on top of a horse together, escorted by the five other knights as they both rode back to the kingdom.