2.18

Yeona arrived home with her mind in a flurry

Yeona arrived home with her mind in a flurry. The words of the elderly man from the museum ringing through her head.

Perhaps you were the queen in your past life?

She shook her head in denial, heading upstairs to her room. Laying down on the bed, she began to question the idea again.

Was it possible? It would explain the weird visions she had been getting ever since... She met Donghyuck.
There had always been a weird sense of familiarity between the two as well.

Yeona sighed. "I'll think about it tomorrow..." she mumbled, turning off the lamp beside her bed and closing her eyes.
A few minutes had past and she almost fell asleep when she heard a sound at her window.

thunk!

She furrowed her brows, trying to open her tired eyes against the sleepiness and headed towards her window. Yeona opened her window and at the same time a small pebnle flew past her.

"What the?" She looked down at her front yard. "Donghyuck?"
By now the sleepiness within Yeona's body was long gone. "What are you doing here?!" She whisper shouted.

"Hold on! Let me climb up."

"Climb up- huh??"

In a matter of seconds the boy was crouched in front of her window and jumping into her room. "Hello love, did I interrupt your beauty sleep?"

Yeona rolled her eyes. "Don't 'hey love' me, what are you doing here in the middle of the night?"

"Has anyone told you that you look stunning under the moonlight?"

"Donghyuck!"

"Okay!" He chuckled lightly, his smile slowly turning into a frown as he looked at the moon. Yeona knew something was wrong, she could feel it.

"Hyuck..."

"Hm?"

"Why are you here?"

The boy sighed before turning his head to look at her and softly smiled. "It's complicated."

"Tell me, please. Nothing you say will scare me away."

Donghyuck smiled bittersweetly. "What if I told you I wanted us to run away together?"

"I-I..."

"Let's go," he said, hurriedly grabbing her hand and opening the door way.

Donghyuck quietly led the two of them downstairs without waking anyone up and through the front door. Once they were outside he hurriedly led Yeona to his car parked along the sidewalk.

Sweat formed along Yeona's forehead as she furrowed her brows, the cold night air hitting her skin. "Donghyuck."

He opened the door to the car, allowing her to get in before heading to the driver's seat. He fumbled with his keys, eventually getting it right and started the car.

"Donghyuck."

He drove. The streets empty as it was midnight, nobody was awake at this time besides the two teenagers. The car hummed along the quietness of the night as Donghyuck pressed harder on the gas pedal. His hands started getting sweaty as his stomach twisted in anxiety.

"Donghyuck!"

He sharply looked at her. "What?!"

"Stop the car."

As if it was fate, they stopped at the same cliff that they were at weeks ago. The two got out of the car, walking towards the edge of the cliff and sat down on the bench. The city lights twinkling below as the night air surrounded them.

"Care to tell me what's going on?"

Donghyuck sighed, leaning his back onto the bench. "It's my father... He found out about you. He had someone follow you around and do some sort of background check. I was scared he would do something to hurt you."

Yeona took his hand in hers, intertwining their fingers together as warmth radiated between the both of them. She lightly squeezed his hand in an attempt to reassure and comfort him.

"He wants me to marry Minhee. I can't do that."

Yeona furrowed her brows. "And so running away with me was the only solution? I don't get it."

Donghyuck scoffed. "Yeona, don't you see?" He lightly pulled their intertwined hands to his chest, causing her to look into his eyes.

"I'm in love with you."

a/n: hi guys! hope you all are doing well

a/n: hi guys! hope you all are doing well. In-person school started for me today:((( it wasn't too bad though.

don't forget to vote and comment! It really helps let me know that you guys are enjoying the book:)