Chapter 16: Hospital Flowers

New chapter!!! YAY!!! Idk i like this chapter anyway... OH. Thank you so so so so Much for all the reads!!!!!! Last night it was at 380, and now this story is at like... 540. I am over the moon!!!! Like i said before, i REALLY want to know what you think. So please comment/vote/fan? Ya know... xD

Oh hey any Directioners out there? I was wondering if Harry's cat obsession is at all perverted? I know, sorry, weird question, but im thinking about writing a Harry Styles fanfic!!!! Thoughts? Any ideas on what the main character's name could be?

Also, I'm working on a Greyson Chance fanfic! Just putting that out there.

And i just realized that i accidentally made two chapter 14s!!! Whoops! Fixed it. Just so you know.

So... Sorry for any typos in this, like I've said before, I'm working from my awful iPod, so you have to excuse all of my mistakes. Hope you like it!!!!!

Chapter 16

Hospital Flowers

Brenda, Carly and i left early the next morning for the Lynch's.

We arrived at four, where riker and ryland greeted us.

"Jordan!" riker and ryland shouted in unison when they saw me.

"And... It's Brenda and Carly right?" riker asked.

"Yep!" Carly's eyes grew wide. "You're a warbler."

"Yup!" he gave Carly a dazzling smile, then he turned to me. He grabbed my hands and whispered. "Ross is doing a little better. He's been sleeping a lot. But... Whenever he's awake, all he talks about is you. He wants to see you."

I choked. He wanted to see me? He was talking about me? "Only a little better?"

"Not much of an improvement," Riker's eyes glistened with tears. My throat closed and i gasped for air.

Riker squeezed my hands and then dropped them, wiping his eyes. "Want to go visit him?"

I nodded vigorously and we grabbed our luggage and set off to the hospital in Riker's car.

Riker drove with me in the passenger seat, while Brenda and ryland chattered in the back. Carly sat with her chin in her hand, staring out the window the whole drive.

As soon as we reached the hospital, i jumped out of the car quickly. I grabbed Carly's hand and Riker walked closely next to Brenda, leaving Ryland to walk by himself at the end of our chain.

Riker sped up to be next to me once we were in the hospital. He tapped my shoulder and motioned to a red door to the left. I nodded and dropped Carly's hand. She started following me, but riker held her back. I quietly opened the red door and was confronted face to face with a nurse coming out.

"Who are you?" she asked sharply, staring critically at me down her pointy nose.

"Jordan," i muttered, trying to look over her shoulder to glimpse Ross. She moved to block me. "The Jordan he's been talking about?" she raised her eyebrows.

"I guess... At least, that's what riker said," i fidgeted.

"I'm going to need proof?"

Riker walked up behind me. "She's his Jordan." he said, patting my back. The nurse seemed to recognize riker and stepped away from the door, letting me go in.

The room was empty except for a bed, a swirly chair, some yellow flowers and a laptop.

As i approached the bed, Ross slowly lifted his head. His eyes were half closed, but when he saw me they widened. "Jordan?"

"Ross," i bit my knuckle. I pulled the swirly chair closer to the bed and sat on it. "Ross."

"You came," he smiled. He tried to sit up, then flinched and lay back down with a quiet moan. Instead i moved closer to him. I put my hand on top of his. "Oh Ross," i choked.

"Apparently...," he took a shuddering breath. "I was almost killed."

A tear slid down my cheek. Shut up. Shut up.

"The doctor says i broke two ribs, and i got shot." he sighed. "Do you think that could really kill someone?"

"I... I don't know," a tear slipped down my nose and onto Ross's blanket.

"I," he breathed. "Don't. But the doctor said that one of my ribs kind of... Poked my lung or something. Apparently it's bad? If it does it hard enough? I..." he breathed again. "Don't really believe him. I think this is all just a big fuss over nothing. So..." he took another shuddering breath. "What if i broke some bones, and i have a hole in my head? I--"

"Head?!" i shrieked, leaning in closer to him. Then i saw it: there was a white strip of thick gauze wrapped around his forehead. "Ross."

"Apparently i got shot in my head." he looked up. "That must be the source of all the horrible headaches I've been getting. But it didn't really hurt when it happened..."

"What... What exactly happened?" i was afraid to ask, but i knew that I'd have to sooner or later.

He gazed lovingly into my eyes, took a deep breath and began.

"Well... Rocky and i decided to have lunch at this little hole-in-the-wall place we found. So we were eating, and then all of a sudden..." his brow creased into a frown. "All of a sudden... Some lady shrieked... It all happened so fast, i really don't remember. Rocky shouted something, then the room went into pandemonium. Five guys in bright orange suits charged in with giant guns... People started running and screaming, and the men started shooting willy nilly. I was frozen to the spot, staring. One of them..." he gasped. "They... They grabbed this little girl. I charged him and he elbowed me so hard i guess that's how my ribs broke." he took another breath. "He started carrying her away, so i Tried to go after him... He fired and i fell to the floor... That's all i remember..."

"Oh Ross," my voice caught in my throat.

"Apparently Rocky hid under the table so they didn't see him. I shouldve done that too. I'm such an idiot. At least the little girl's okay now, though. She's been coming in to see me everyday. She's..." he coughed. "Really a, "kindred" spirit. She brought me those flowers." he pointed at the yellow flowers next to his bed and breathed heavily. "You'd like her. She actually kind of looks like you. And... And she acts like you, too." he looked at me, then he started frowning again.

"You... You look different," he muttered.

"Ross... It's only been a couple of weeks."

"You do..." he took another breath. "It's your hair, i think. It's not as bright a red anymore." he twirled a strand of my hair in between his fingers. "It's closer to brown now. And... Stand up."

"What?"

"Stand," he took another shuddering breath. "Up."

I stood and he nodded. "You're taller too..." a tear slid down his cheek.

"Don't cry," i whispered, wiping his tear away. "Don't cry." tears were rolling down my cheeks, not helping me convince him at all.

"Jordan, it's only been like a month. But it feels like forever..."

"I'm sorry. If i had stayed, this never would've happened." i choked.

"How would this not have happened?" he gestured at himself. "Jordan, it's not at all your fault."

"But Ross!" tears started streaming down my face. "It feels like it is! You're perfectly fine, and then i come along and you get attacked by my dad, and then when i leave you almost get killed. I must just be bad luck."

"No." Ross put his hand on my cheek. "No. You're the best thing that ever happened to me."

"But Ross, I--"

"No, Jordan. No." his hand moved down to my neck, And he gently pulled my face closer to his. "No." he repeated. And then he kissed me.