Chapter 1: The Grave

Catra sits at her desk waiting for her job to end. She watches the clock tick slowly until it finally reaches six pm. She quickly gets up, pushes her chair in & leaves. She walks down the almost quiet roads making her way to her apartment. Arriving at her door, she takes the key out of her pocket & unlocks it. After closing the door she sighs before going upstairs & taking out her clothes. She strips off her clothes before hopping in the shower & doing her business. She leaves the bathroom, fully dressed before laying on her bed. A small yet chubby purple cat prances into her room before attempting to climb her bed. She swings her legs off the bed before helping the cat up.

"Hey Melog," She says, her voice low & husky. The cat mews before rubbing its head against her thigh. She sighs before picking them up & carrying them downstairs. She grabs the half-empty box of cat food before pouring the items into their dish. The chubby cat immediately starts to eat as Catra sets the box aside, not wanting to put it back.

"I'm going out," Catra says, taking her black jacket off the hanger. She stares in the mirror as the blazing gold logo is seen. Memories flow back to her making the young adult smile. She slips her arms through the jacket before noticing her pet standing in front of the door.

"Melog, I'm just going for a walk." She says picking them up. This happens every time. She thinks as she sets the feline down. After she opens the doors she grabs her keys before closing the door quietly, not noticing the purple creature behind her. She starts making her way into the woods when she hears a twig snap. Turning around she notices the mischievous pet had somehow made its way out of the house.

"Ugh, fine. Come on," Catra complains as she lifts Melog into her arms. She walks through the woods before accidentally taking the wrong turn. She continues her walk until she notices this path looks strange.

"This isn't right," She mutters as she looks around. She starts to go back until she sees a bright red light. She starts to see it fading so she runs over, determined to find the source. She ends up tripping over a wooden bench leg causing her to fall in the dirt. She pushes herself up before wiping the dirt off to the best of her ability.

"Woah," Utterly shocked she sees a grave. It was heavily decorated with yellow, white & light blue flowers. Catra steps closer until she notices a sign.

Do not touch

She chuckles, with a sly smirk on her face before stepping closer. She bends down & lifts the picture up. It was a blond girl with crystal clear baby blue eyes. She had a ridiculous hair poof that was tied into a ponytail. Damn, she's too pretty to be dead. Catra thinks as she places the picture back. She sees a white flash before it disappears. 

"Must be seeing things," She mutters before she stands up. She then notices a small diamond box. A big grin forms on her face as she bends down to pick it up. Her feline friend mews as they jumps on top of it. 

"Melog get off," Catra pushes the chubby cat off before opening the box. A bright light shines straight into the air before fading into stars. Confused, she looks inside & she takes out a ruby red amulet. 

"These are rare!" Catra gushes before looking around & stuffing the amulet into her pocket. Melog once again mews as Catra shuts the box.

"Quiet down, nobody is here to stop me." She says placing the box back down.

"Let's go," She says as the two walks out of the woods. Catra, too eager to leave didn't notice something or someone watching from a safe, yet unnoticeable, distance. Catra makes her way out onto the streets before going to her apartment. She walks past an alley but freezes, thinking she saw someone. She turns around & stares down the cold dark alley. Nothing. She shakes her head as Melog hides in between her legs. She bends down to pick them up as Melog's fur sticks up. She starts to walk again as she strokes their loose strands back.

"Did you see something or was it just me?" She askes, tickling their stomach. The helpless cat mews repeatedly making Catra smile. She never had many friends, nor did she want any. She fumbles the key out of her pocket, careful not to let the amulet fall. Unlocking the door, she places Melog on the floor. She quickly closes the door before sitting on her kitchen chair.

"Did you see that? It was like a fucking light show." Catra swears before she hears thunder & lightning. She sighs as she opens her arms for Melog to come. Melog bolts into her arms & starts to purr from comfort. The poor cat has always been afraid of the cackling from the outdoors. She soon goes into her bedroom before closing the door. 

"Your safe, relax Melog." Catra whispers as the cat hides beneath the covers. She places the amulet on her desk before looking outside her window. An aggressive glare stared into her eyes, but their body was see through, like a ghost. She almost screams before she shakes her head. Gone. Nothing. Her heart feels like its beating out of her chest as her eyes are wide. She swears she saw someone staring into her eyes. She feels her soul leave her body & she became dangerously dizzy. Before passing out she lays on her bed, wondering what is happening to her.

This is the most descriptive writing I've ever done. Lol enjoy! And thank you for 400 followers, your support is highly appreciated ❤