Chapter 42// "Bye Aaron, say hi to the devil for me when you go back to Hell"

"Come on now Aribella you need to get that leg up higher" I shout out loud, she really wasn't trying. But really what was I expecting her to. She'd had her place as head cheerleader snatched from her. What can I say karma is one heck of a bitch.

She completely ignores me. She couldn't say anything to me now, she knew if she took one step out of line I could easily kick her out the Cheerleading team.

But I wouldn't do that, sadly we needed her, she may be a dumb cow, but she knew how to cheerlead.

I get the team to start from the beginning as I count them through the routine.

I was trying to concentrate on my team when I see something suspicious. I see Ryan walking side by side with someone. I squint my eyes to see who it was and I was taken aback to see it was Carter.

We had been given special permission to stay back this late; it was obviously weird that they were both in school at this time.

Things between Carter and me haven't resolved. I also felt pity for Carter; his friends had practically disowned him after what occurred on the night of the summer ball.

I take a second glance at the boys. It was most definitely Carter and it didn't look like him and Ryan were arguing. Almost like they were friends.

"Stop" I say to my team. One girl falls to the ground due to the harshness of my voice. I don't even looking at them, my gaze was on where Carter and Ryan were going, and I needed to follow them.

"Winter watch the team, stretch or something" I tell her. I begin to walk away when I hear Aribella's voice.

"Some team captain she is, always busy with her boy issues"

I didn't have time to retaliate to her comment.

They both went through the emergency exit, I run after them. Inside I hear their voices loud and clear.

"He's going to want to see you tonight, but he won't trust you fully" That was obviously Ryan's voice.

Their conversation continues from there and I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. It couldn't be what I was thinking.

Without thinking twice I walk fast to catch up with them.

"Carter" My voice echoed in the empty hall.

They both turn around simultaneously. Carter looked startled to see me but Ryan looked please to see me.

"Wow nice boobs in that skimpy cheerleading outfit. D's, no double D's" he guesses.

"E's actually Ryan, and don't look like that because you'll never get close them"

He raises an eyebrow at me, like he was humored by my comment. He really needed a slap in the face, with an axe.

I smile to myself at the thought.

I look at Carter now " I need to talk to you"

There's a moment of silence. I was indicating that I wanted Ryan to fall off the planet but so far no one was moving.

"Ryan, leave, I'll catch up with you later"

"Are you sure you can handle her, this one is feisty" Ryan smirks at me. His tone of voice made me want to puke on him.

"Ryan. Leave" His voice was stern, and Ryan rolls his eyes as he walks away whistling.

I look back at Carter who was trying not to look me in the eye.