SIXTEEN - Shattered Bliss

Still, lying here in his arms, it feels good

Still, lying here in his arms, it feels good. I am content.

I stir from sleep because I'm hot, too damn hot.

As I begin to slowly open my eyes, I understand why. This big, heavy, and tattooed body is pretty much on top of me with his raven head right in between my boobs.

Seeing him so fast asleep on top of me and holding me tight, brings back all the memories from the previous night. The aftermath is, despite the soreness, a weird sense of relaxed satisfaction.

Smiling to myself, I start to play with his hair hoping it would wake him but after almost ten minutes, the motherfucker doesn't even budge. He either is a heavy sleeper, or I am not the one who got worn down last night.

But this is just a one-time kind of thing. The thought sober me up right away. I need to leave before he wakes up.

Silently and carefully I detach him from my torso, putting a pillow in my place. He hums but doesn't budge from holding it and I take it as a key to get dressed quickly and leave.

Outside, I call a cab and the way home is a blur. The thoughts are racing through my mind, confusing me as to why I've felt so comfortable and content with someone who I am not even meant to hook up with more than once.

We have so much chemistry, and it showed last night because that was easily the best sex of my entire life.

But I have never had more whiplash by a man than Luca. He shows interest and can keep one's company without letting people get to know him. Maybe it's his mysteriousness that draws me in...

Nonetheless, I need to let it go.

At home, the moment I close the bedroom door, Shane's bedroom door opens and heavy footsteps follow right behind.

"Melanie!"

Uh-oh, the full name means anger.

"Where the hell have you been? I was worried sick! Even worse after I got a call from Wayne this morning asking how you were after being harassed last night!"

"I slept at Luca's," I sigh. Can't I get a fucking break? "Everything is fine; I was tipsy so I forgot to warn you."

"Again, Mel? I told you to stay away from him..."

By the look on his face, it looks like he's not telling me something.

"Why? Is there anything I need to know about?"

He shifts on his feet, nervously, before speaking, "Uhm, you only need to know that it's dangerous to be around him. That's it."

Dangerous? And still not telling me everything.

"And you tell me that only after I've been exposed to it, what a great friend you are," I complain.

Maybe, turning this against him will make him spill whatever it is that he's keeping to himself and not telling me. I just fucking wonder how many dirty secrets this guy has?