THREE - (Not) Like Old Times

"Hey, guys, be right back

"Hey, guys, be right back. I need a t-shirt!" I tell them and go to Shane's room to search for something to wear.

As I exit nonchalantly, I feel Shane following me to the bedroom. Once we're inside, he closes the door behind us and asks in an angry tone, "What are you doing?

I frown at his reaction. Shane rarely gets angry, he's the one who's always in a good mood and cracking jokes.

This passive-aggressive attitude catches me off guard and as I open my mouth to explain to him what happened he cuts me off, adding:

"Wasn't it enough that you ruined the night for me yesterday?" His eyes were unfocused, darting between my face and my chest.

I can sense the annoyance in his voice but I can't understand why.

He has seen me in my bra multiple times before. We've had sleepovers for years where the three of us would fall asleep together in the living room or his room. I know we hadn't been as close for the last couple of years but I wouldn't think it would change so much.

"Chill, I got meat on my t-shirt while cooking. Your mom told me to get one of yours while she cleaned mine. I didn't think you guys would enter the same time I was crossing the hall..." I trail off.

That's enough for his expression to soften, reassuring me that we weren't about to argue.

Then, surprising me, he heads to one of his drawers and starts to look for something. Not long after he finds a plain black t-shirt and gives it to me before leaving me to wear it.

When I open his bedroom door, already dressed, I meet everyone in the living room to greet them. Wayne was there as well and I didn't hesitate to hug him tight.

"I missed you," he whispers in my ear, making me smile.

"I missed you too, Frizzy!"

Wayne laughs loudly at my nickname regarding his curly locks that fall in a messy mop around his head.

On the couch, Luca and that Jessica girl, from the night before, were sitting and I said a simple "hello" in acknowledgement. It's awkward because I don't know them well enough to hug or kiss them and I'm not their biggest fan. But it doesn't mean I'll be ill-mannered.

When I look back at Shane, he refuses to meet my eye. I don't know why he's suddenly so awkward. Instead of worrying about it, I head to the kitchen to see if Rosa needs my help.

"I've finished already, sweetie, go hang out with them," Rosa says as soon as I enter the kitchen. "While the lasagna is in the oven, I'll wash your top and put it in the dryer so you can take it back home."

"Thanks, Rosa," I say, heading back to the living room in defeat.

God that's what I was dreading: socializing.

I sit at the dinner table while they're on the couch all deep down in conversation.

The Jessica girl notices me and grabs Shane's arm, marking her territory. I chuckle at her and start to check and manage some work emails.