ELEVEN - Revenge

For the house to be so silent, still, it means Shane is still asleep

I use that to my advantage and cook some pancakes. It doesn't take me more than ten minutes to have everything done. Ten minutes later, I am preparing to wash what I used when someone emerges from the hallway.

"Hey, Shane, just on time for breakfast."

However, the person emerging is Jessica. Walking in with nothing but an oversized t-shirt on. The smirk on her face is enough to tell me how this is a provocation.

Though, it's one I won't answer.

Putting on my best fake smile, I say, "Oh, good morning. I made breakfast. Help yourself out but clean up after, please."

She snickers and mumbles something inaudible under her breath. Choosing to ignore that too, I turn around and clean everything that I've used. When I finish, I serve myself and sit down on the couch to start eating. It's then that the bedroom door opens again.

Expecting to see Shane coming out, I look up only to be disappointed. Jessica went back to the room.

Okay, then.

After that, I get ready for a morning run and after being cockblocked last night and Shane's cold shoulder, it's exactly what I need. When I'm almost by the door, a couple of aggressive knocks rumble.

I open without thinking and come face to face to an angry John.

"What the fuck is this, Mel?" He almost growls, grabbing at my elbow. "Staying at some random guys' house first and now living with Shane? Who are you?" he bellows with a strong shake.

I try to keep my cool, not because I am afraid of him but because I don't want to go on crazy mode and jump on him. Again.

"My life is no longer your business. Do yourself a favour and leave," I say calmly.

I move to try and free myself from his grip but it only tightens, causing pain to shoot up my arm.

"Let go," I demand.

"This is no-"

"Let me go, right fucking now, John," I raise my voice and John's anger falters for a moment before he tightens his grip on me again.

Rushed footsteps are heard from the inside of the house, towards us and not long after a tall and broad body towers over me from behind.

Redhead knight in shining armour has come to save the day everyone.

"You have five seconds to let go of her arm before I break your face," Shane growls.

Shane's voice sounds strong and assured. And judging by the way John's expression falters, his face is probably matching his voice.

Shane and Wayne have always been protective. And I know that even if he is mad, this time around won't be an exception.

Shane won't back down, but John will. He was never the fighting type.