Note-Taking Tips ~ Josephine

Hi there! I'm Josephine ❤️ I'm new here but I'm excited to share with you my first post.

I've always had a hard time with notes. For one, my school has structured notes we fill out, which does absolutely nothing to help me learn, which is why I always take extra notes. I do love to type notes, but studies have shown that it's much more effective to hand write them since the brain is more active when you're writing. That said, here is my favorite note-taking strategy.

Type them during class. It's insanely hard to hand write (neat) notes and keep up with what your teacher is saying, so I definitely don't recommend attempting to do so. Instead, during class type a rough draft of your notes.

Copy them down onto paper. Now that you have all the information, take the time to transfer them onto paper. This way, you'll also have the opportunity to write them, which is proven to help you memorize the content of your notes.

Decorate them! I don't know about you but I find it easier to focus on my notes when they're decorated. Besides, it's a ton of fun to decorate notes. You get to design headings, pick fun colors, and draw doodles.

So that's my opinion on note taking! I hope this helps you, since these methods have definitely helped me study ❤️