How to start a new semester strong

A new semester is almost equivalent to a new life for some people. For some people, it's easy to cope up with the new semester, the changes, etc. But for the others, its not. This might be due to several reasons, like lack of friends, social anxiety, or reasons like that.

Here are some tips for socially inactive people(like me) to start the semester.

1) Forget about the mistakes you have done earlier.

Very often, it happens that you might feel awkward or sad because of some mistake that you did in the last semester, trust me, I do too. But its important to forget about these mistakes and move on with a new motive, because everyone else in the surroundings will go ahead, and you will still remain at the same place if you keep on feeling guilty about your past.

2) Try to make new friends:
For the socially awkward girls out there, I can assure you that you're not the only one with the friends problem. Even today, I have problems making friends but that doesnt mean you have to worry.

First of all, if you don't really like the company in your school, try to make books your company. In the free periods bury yourself in a book at one corner of the library.

Second, if there is some new admission in your school, try to befriend him or her. If you think that person can be your friend, go ahead and become friends with them.

3) Bullying

This is one serious issue that I have noticed isn't really taken into consideration.

If there is someone who continuously bullies you, make sure you prove them that you are nothing less. Fight back for yourself. There's no way you should tolerate bullying.

Tell your parents, teachers about all this. Make sure the bullies are punished.

Remember if one person is punished at once, the next time, another person avoids doing the same thing.

Now, for all the girls who want to make their academics better:

1) Start off the semester by studying.

Try to understand the difficult topics. Understanding is the key to success. Make sure you work hard on the subjects you are bad at.

2) Organise

Plan. What time are you going out with your friends or your boyfriend? How much time will you spend? Plan it all.
And stick to that plan.

General tips:

1) Find some sport to play. Sports help refresh your mind and body and are a perfect way to cleanse up your thoughts.
Also, as you sweat, it helps reduce the acne.
Sports are a perfect source of exercise too.

2) Stay away from toxic people. If you think someone is toxic, make sure you remain away from them, because bad company is always a bad influence. Plus, one is judged by the company he or she keeps. Make sure you have a good company to make a good influence on others.

3) Don't forget to take breaks.
Everytime you study make sure you take breaks. Listen to a song, go and take a walk, talk with your family.

4) Reward yourself
After every milestone you complete, reward yourself.
Got full marks in the science test? Go get a chocolate bar.

5) Talk with your family
Your family loves you, its important to know that. Go and talk with them, instead of being on the phone all the time. It will help strengthen your bond with them.

I hope these tips help you in making your new semester awesome!

With love,
Ash.