Friendships To Avoid

Going to school comes with different challenges; for example, learning how handle stress, giving yourself some discipline in order to study instead of browsing your social media and doing your homework the night before it's due. Now, in all of these things, you are the one who has to put the effort. But what happens when another person needs to do so as well? While movies and series makes having great friends seem easy (for the most), giving someone that much value in your life is very important, especially during the years when you're still figuring yourself out. Which is why this is a list of friendships you might want to avoid as much as possible.

1. The Drama Queen: No, I'm not talking about the entertaining kind of drama, but more like the over-the-top one. While having drama in your life is natural, daily doses can start to be a little too much. Pay attention to the people who gossip excessively, bad-mouths their close friends and starts fights for no reason.

2. The Center of the Earth: Our planet's core may be made of magma, but these people outshine it by a million. What I mean by that is the egotistical or even narcissistic beings that you may encounter at your school or college. When someone tends to make every little thing about them even if they're not concerned in any way, that's a red flag right there. Also, note if the person or people you wish to become friends with actually care what you think and how you live your life as well as what you confide in them.

3. The One Who Never Forgets: You know that one person who always remember what you've said and done many years ago? Now, imagine that times six. Nothing is more frustrating than settling a dispute with your friend and literally two years later, when you are fighting again, they bring up the same argument. Now, if it happens once or twice, it's forgivable, but if your "friend" keeps using this as a cheap way to get out of disputes, maybe you should start questioning the nature of the relationship.

4. The Better One: Nobody can be right all the time, but some people think they do anyways. Real friends should be able to acknowledge your genius and admit when they are in the wrong. If someone insists that they're right (hardheadedness) and go to extreme lengths to prove it (like calling you stupid), it's not a good sign...

5. The Moral Antagonist: If somebody does or says something you don't agree with, stay away or confront them about it. As an individual, you have your own values and morals, but if someone breaks them (like stealing or bullying), you shouldn't let them influence you. Stay strong and express your displeasure (in a respectful and understanding way, of course).

Keep in mind that the friendships you form now may have a huge impact on your personality. Choose wisely :)

- MaeShaanaP