Chapter XVI - Letter From The Past

After Anne received royal approval of her marriage from the King, she sent it to her fathers.  Both families agreed to have a meeting to talk everything.  Boleyn and Butler family is set to have marriage negotiation and preparation the 25th of March. 

It is now the day of the talk.  Anne is pacing inside her room, she doesn't know if she's making the right decision.

She looked at herself in the full body mirror.  She's wearing a green silk dress that carved her body shape.  She is beautiful but there's no sparks in her eyes.

'Anne, you made the right decision. You're going to fine and most importantly, you're going to live, build a family of your own. ' She said to her reflection.

'But why do I feel empty and dead?' Anne sighed as someone knocked on the door.

"Enter."

Mary entered the room with a beautiful headdress. She smiled to Anne and make her sit in the chair in front of the mirror.

"Let me put this to you, Anne." Mary carefully put the headdress on Anne's head and braided her long black hair.

"Thank you, Mary." Anne looked and smiled at her sister through the mirror.

"You looked beautiful, Anne.  I can't believe you're getting married. James Butler is lucky to have you."

Anne just smiled but did not comment.

"Are you okay, Anne?"

"I don't know, Mary.  Am I making the right decision?"

"What's bothering you, Anne?"

"My heart is not at ease." Anne looked at her sister Mary through her reflection on the mirror.

Mary sighed and looked at Anne carefully. "Are you in love with other man, Anne? That's the only reason why you are not completely happy with this upcoming wedding."

Anne looked away from Mary. "But this is the right thing to do, Mary."

"Is he poor, Anne? If that's what you worried about, I can talk to Father.  You must chase your happiness, Anne."

"How I wish that he is poor, that will make everything simple, but that's not the case, Mary.  It's impossible for us."

"Anne, there's no impossible for true love."

The meeting between two families was held on the garden in the Hever Castle. After the meeting, they some up with the decision of held the wedding on May 25 which is only two months from now. The Butler family left the Hever Castle with satisfaction, they have set the date and location of the upcoming wedding.  However, James did not leave along with his family, he wanted to talk to Anne alone without the shadow of his family in his shoulders.

They are sitting on the chair in front of a golden circle table.  James looked at Anne intently while she was sipping her jasmine tea.

"You are not happy.'' James directly said to Anne which surprised the latter.

"How can you said that?" Anne said and fake a smile to cover her astonishment, she almost threw up her tea.  James Butler is really something.  He can read her like an open book.

"I can read people, including you Anne."  His sight never left her, continue to observe her body language. "Why?"

"I....." Anne deeply sighed and continue. "I don't know if I am making a right decision.  This is life changing for me. I am afraid to take this big step."

"Anne, there's no absolute certainty in life.  I cannot assure you that you are not making big mistake by marrying me because that's you, Anne.  But I can assure you that I will not hurt you intently and promise to be the best husband to you and father to our children.  All I want is a happy family and I know Anne, deep inside your heart, that's what you're longing for. Together, we can build a family that we strongly desire. If you give me and this marriage a chance, Anne. I will make you happy."