Chapter II - The Woman in the Mirror

''You plan today but expect something unexpected. You cannot control everything but yourself."

A woman dressed in a light blue dress, which is fitted to her like it was her second skin. A plump red lips and a black doe eyes that will surely caught all the gentlemen's attention in the court.

A fine lady which is opposite on the idea of the consider beauty of this time. Anne considered herself ordinary due to the standard beauty is a lady with blue eyes and blonde hair which is the exact opposite of her.

But she has wit, smart mouth and intelligence that unfortunately leads to her demise.

Anne looked in the mirror, composing herself. She knew that no matter what, she needed to face Henry. She didn't know if she'll embrace him tightly due to the fact he's the man she only loves, whether she admit it or not, her stupid heart missed him. Or kill him slowly due to his betrayal and distrust.

A knock on the door startled Anne. Mary entered her bedroom. Mary is a beautiful lady with bluest eyes and blonde hair. No wonder her sister once caught the attention of Henry and was branded a whore in their society.

Mary looked at her sister through the mirror.

"You look beautiful, my dear sister. I know that our house will be flooded of gentlemen who will be seeking your hand for marriage." Mary said as she holds her sister's shoulder.

'Why didn't I learn from Mary? I know from the start that Henry will love you to moon and back, will give you everything, but after he was done with you, you'll be treated as trash and nothing. Yes, I am a Queen but was not respected and been called whore, a homewrecker. And I will just be forever known in the history as beheaded Queen who committed treason, incest and adultery which was way worse from what happened to Mary. '

"Let's go, Anne. Let's enjoy this party."

"What do you think of King Henry, sister?" Anne asked out of nowhere.

Mary stopped in her track as she heard her sister's question.

"Why are you asking, Anne?" Mary faced her, with confusion and fear in her eyes. She hurriedly went to Anne, hold tightly her two arms. "Please, Anne, you may want all other noble men but not the king. You must learn from me. You have a bright future ahead of you, you can marry a Duke! Loving the king will ruin your life. Promise me, Anne, stay away from king Henry."

Anne hugged her sister, getting the strength she needed when she'll face Henry later.

"The king has restless heart, Anne. He can give you everything when you're all he wanted but he can also destroy and get back what he gave. I don't want you to be called a whore for a short lived love. You're so much better than that, Anne."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Masquerade Ball, later that night in the Palace.

Anne tried to be discreet as much as possible. She's trying to do the opposite of what happened in the past, trying hard to be out of Henry's sight. She watched as all the maiden dance with their potential husband. She wanted to dance. She's a skill dancer and she loves to dance where she can put all her emotion into it but she knows that she cannot risk it. Not now.

"Are you not enjoying the party, Madame?"

Anne was surprised at the sudden intrusion of a gentlemen in her solace.

She quickly composed herself and realized that it was the Duke of Warrick, Thomas Percy. She curtsied to the gentlemen.

"My Lord."