Chapter XII - The Queen and The Other Woman

Anne was about to leave the palace when she saw the closest attendant of the Queen in a panic mode.

"Isabelle!" Anne called out to her.

They are not the best of pal due to the rumor circling about Anne and the King.  Isabelle is the most loyal servant of Queen Catherine.

Isabelle stopped as she heard called out to her. She was in hurry to call out the royal physician.

"Are you okay? Why are you in hurry?" Isabelle is pale and there's a few sweat on her face. This is the first sign of sweating sickness.

"I'm....I am afraid that I caught the sweating sickness, Lady Anne." Tears fell in her face.

"Oh.. Dear.." Anne was about to hold her arms to Isabelle to offer comfort.  She knows how difficult to battle with sweating sickness.

"Oh. Lady Anne.  You cannot hold me." Isabelle stepped back away from Anne. "You cannot get sick.  I may be able to fight for my life in this disease but not the wrath of the King."

Anne sighed.  She knew that no matter what she told everyone, they won't believe her.

"Isabelle.."

"Lady Anne!" Anne was interrupted by Lola.  Lola run to her sides and looked at Isabelle and her eyes widen as she realize Isabelle is now sweating. "Lady Anne, you need to leave now!" Lola tried to hold Anne's arm but Anne was frozen to her feet.  She bear in her conscience to get away in this palace without doing anything.

"Lola, I need you to listen to me.  I want you to gather the all servants in Hever Castle to get as many of oregano leaves and ginger. Bring it to the people and instruct them what to do about it.  Give them the oregano leaves and ginger tea along with a note of instruction. Hurry!"

Anne knew in the past that the royal physician give her oregano tea.  It takes weeks to stop the fever and sweating. When she got back in her feet, she researched about herbal medicine and she found out about ginger power as medicine.  She boiled ginger and oregano leaves and give it as medicine to the common people. The experiment was indeed successsful as it made their fever down and sweating stopped just in hours of frequent drinking it.  It was a huge relief for all the people of England and the powerful tea become famous in near country like Netherlands, France and Scottland as sweating sickness become notorious that time. English people didn't know that it was Anne Boleyn who invented the most powerful medicine for the sweating sickness.

"Lady Anne..." Lola refused to let Anne stay in the palace.

"Lola, I need you to obey me. Go!" Lola reluctantly leave Anne with the sweating Isabelle.

Anne looked at Isabelle. "Isabelle, you go to the palace kitchen, get some ginger and oregano leaves.  Boiled it and drink as much as you can.  Don't fret, Isabelle. You will get soon."

"Thank you, Lady Anne.  Hmmm. I am afraid that the Queen has been infected also.  I have always been with her. It worries me so much."

"I will take care of the Queen. You follow what I instructed to you and let other servant prepare same tea for the Queen."

Anne was about to leave.  She needs to make sure that the Queen is okay.

"Lady Anne, you are not what everyone think of you. Thank you."

Anne only smiled at Isabelle, then she left.

Anne hurriedly went to the Queen's chamber and when she arrived, she knocked on the door.  There were no guards on Queen's chamber. 

'Everyone left, afraid of dying.'

"Isabelle?"

"Your Majesty, this is Anne Boleyn.  I ask for permission to enter your chamber."