Chapter X - You Hold My Heart

And I remember that fight, 2:30 AM
As everything was slipping right out of our hands
I ran out, crying, and you followed me out into the street
Braced myself for the goodbye
'Cause that's all I've ever known
Then, you took me by surprise
You said, "I'll never leave you alone."

-Mine, Taylor Swift

..................................................................................

Anne couldn't help herself from bursting in anger and despair. Anne needed to think of another way to get out of Henry's cage.

She was walking to the Queen's chamber.  It seems that the Queen is introducing new ladies.  Anne sighed, she just wanted to get back home, spend her time reading books and writing some poems.

When she reached the chamber, the other ladies namely Lady Beatrice, Lady Patricia, Lady Lucy, and Lady Rosemarie.  Lady Beatrice, Lucy, annd Patricia glared at her as she entered the chamber.  They were loyal lady of the Queen and they were also jealous because they knew Anne has the King's attention and favor.  They wanted to harm Anne but knew they can't, they were afraid of the King's wrath.

The ladies stood up when the Queen entered the chamber. Catherine glared at Anne. Asking herself why did her husband notice this ordinary looking lady.  Anne was so different compared to the past mistresses of the King.

"Your Majesty." The ladies greeted and bowed to the Queen.

"I am here to introduce to you the two ladies who was sent by their family." Two ladies entered the room, one with brunetter hair and blue eyes and the other one has rare violet eyes and blondiest hair.  Anne's heart was beating erratically.  This woman shattered her family.  Anne was frozen to her feet, she coudn't take her eyes of her. She wanted to hurt her the way she hurt her.

"This is Lady Caroline Harrington."  Catherine introduced the brunette lady while Anne still staring with the other lady. "This Lady Jane Seymour." The Queen introduced all the ladies to each other.

Anne hastily hold on the chair beneath her for the support.

This is the woman who stole Henry's heart from her, destroyed her family and reason why Elizabeth couldn't grow up with mother.

Anne wanted to slap Lady Jane Seymour, she wanted to scream out her lungs. 

When the Queen dismissed all the ladies, Anne hurriedly got out the chamber, feeling that she was suffocated in that room with Queen Catherine and Lady Jane.

Anne went to the nearest wall for supprt and breathe heavily.

"Are you okay, Lady Anne?"

Anne turned around and in her horror, it was Lady Jane Seymour masked with concern.  But she knew beneath the sweet facade of her, there's an cruel wolf, just waiting time to attack.

"I am fine." Anne answered with hard voice.

Jane smiled to Anne and walked away.

Tears fell from Anne's eyes as Jane took her leave.

It's hard dealing with Henry and now, Jane Seymour?

That very evening, Anne couldn't sleep.  She went to the Hampton Palace garden and sit on the patio.

Everything is a mess.

She didn't know how to get hold of her situation.

'C'mon, Anne, you need to think.  You are stronger than this. You cannot let Henry and Jane bring you down.  '

After a long thinking, Anne decided that she will use Jane Seymour to sway the love of Henry from her.  After all, Henry chose Jane Seymour over her.