Chapter 9

Karter

Our coach finally found us a place to practice and I was excited I missed the easiness of lacrosse with everything that's been happening but I wasn't expecting the place to be the half of the girls lacrosse field at Vella High School. We all found out because our coach told everyone in a group chat in the morning. I didn't honestly care or hate it as much of the other girls on the team but I still wasn't ecstatic about it. I also wasn't excited to see Dylan's bestfriends this way. Dylan said that the one I didn't even meet is worse and if she's worse than the girl Val I met its gonna be messy. To add to my problems I still couldn't get Dawson out of my head. If I wasn't stressing over school work or Dylan's bestfriends I was daydreaming of Dawson.

when school was over we all got to the bus and the fist person to see me was Dani Then lexi. "hey sis im gonna drive so we don't have to take the bus but coach said only one of us can go in the car so have fun on the bus." she waved and walked to our car away from the bus. "Hey Karter" Dani practically screamed jumping on my back. this was the normal hello from Dani. "Hey Dani" I chuckled to her. I loved Dani if it weren't for her id be a total loner. Dani isn't the most popular girl in school but she's well known and everyone likes her. So when we became Friends everyone kind of just grew to like me too. I'm not the biggest fan of it but my popularity is pretty big I know practically the whole school but I'm shy so its only because of Dani and apparently I have this whole mystery vibe that everyone is curious about so there that .My sister loves the whole popularity thing so where opposites in that too. Dani hated that we had to practice at Vella she wouldn't stop talking about it on the bus ride there. I just put my headphones on and shut my eyes and mentally prepared.

"Karter wake up" I opened my eyes and saw my captain Hailey standing over me. "what hailey" I groggily asked. " You fell asleep and where here" I looked around and saw everyone was off the bus. "shit sorry lets go" I went to stand up but Hailey stopped me. "look Karter the team needs you to be on your game today we cant look bad in front of Vella and as much as I hate it your the best player on the team so you need to be focused out there" I was shocked Hailey actually just gave me a compliment. "Of course Hailey I got you." she smiled at me for the first time in I think ever. "don't get me get the team".

We all are off the bus and walked to their field together. When I first got on the field I was expecting to have trouble with Dylan's bestfriend not have to face the girl I've been daydreaming about and couldn't get out of my head. She was beautiful and extremely fit like supermodel worthy body. she was wearing a lacrosse penny and she had her hair in a long blonde braid but the colors looked different like her hair was a mixture of extremely blonde strands and almost black strands it was mesmerizing and a pair of Nike shorts

IM fucking talking about her hair like a crazy person!!!

When she started talking she sounded super bitchy, I guess she wasn't happy about this situation either. She threw orders around and acted like she was in charge of everything. She was acting like their captain (Wouldn't it be funny if she was their captain I mean if the universe wanted to throw one more monumental fuck you at me that would be it) and then it hit me and I mentally hit myself for jinxing it. She was their Captain. She finished talking and the moment I was dreading happened her eyes met mine and I swear she looked like she'd seen a ghost but only for a second before she went back to her bitchy face and turned around and left. I didn't even realize I was holding my breath until I was gasping for air.

----

Practice was good we all played hard and looked great on the field especially me but every now and then id find myself distracted by Dawson and how effortlessly she moved with the ball on her side of the field . After I talked with Hailey I knew that this practice was more than just a practice it was about showing them that we where just as good as them. Everyone was sweating and panting by the end of practice we all fell to the ground and grabbed water and waited for Hailey to dismiss us. "listen ladies today was great we really looked good out there I'm so proud of how well today went now go home rest and be ready for tomorrows practice and the game this Thursday." Hailey said to everyone and with that we all started heading to the parking lot. All of a sudden I feel hands go around my eyes and I'm blinded.