Chapter 23

Dawson

None of us have spoken for about an hour all three of us sitting silently in the room waiting to see who would break the ice. When I first got here I was scared I had no clue what I was walking into.

"Dawson I know everything" Val started the conversation after what felt like forever of sitting in just one big awkward situation.

"what are you talking about? You haven't spoken to me in a while so how can you know anything.

I was hurt by her ditching me for my brother but I'm not going to let her know that.

"your secret relationship!" oh shit..... what was I suppose to say to that? How could she possibly know. Me and Karter are extremely careful and only do stuff in enclosed places that no one can see us. My best option is to deny, deny, and deny.

"I have no clue what you are talking about" neither of them seemed to believe me.

"we aren't stupid Dawson, your always disappearing places after games and practices you cant ever take me home anymore because you said you needed the extra practice but that's not true."

Okay so maybe she's just guessing I'm in a relationship.

"I also saw you with a girl from Reef's team, I mean of all people to start a relationship its with somebody who plays for reef and a girl."

So apparently she does know about Karter. My brother has stayed quiet the whole conversation up to now I was very curious to see what he was thinking.

"what do you want me to say?" I sat there waiting for a response from either of them but I wasn't getting anything.

"are you gay?" my brother finally asks.

"no, well to be honest I don't know but there is no use and denying it with you guys cause apparently Val can't keep her nose out of my shit so yes I'm with Karter."

Now I was standing ready to head out the door but before I could leave Charlie got in front of me and in front of the door blocking my path. I've always been supportive of my brother and right now I'm hoping for a little support back I'm just not sure I'll get it. Before I could tell him to move he grabbed me and hugged me. This wasn't exactly my plan but I guess I just came out to my brother even though I'm not quite sure what I am I know I want to find out with Karter by my side.

"I love you regardless if your dating a guy or girl the only part I actually am a little ticked off about is the fact that she goes to Reef, I mean you hate them more than anything what happened."

Me and my brother talked about allot for a long time while Val interjected sometimes here and there but I would just glare at her. Even though it worked out between me and my brother Val had no way of knowing so she could have just outted me into a really bad situation and I'm not ready to forgive her just yet.

After a few hours of talking with my brother I leave his room and go to mine and check my phone. I see a text from Karter asking if everything's ok and I just smile. Its pretty late and I'm not sure if she's up right now but I text back anyway saying 'goodnight beautiful, all is good but I want to tell you everything so lets hang out tomorrow. Okay night love <3'

What I just realized is that flirting with a girl is so much easier because I'm just doing what I would want done to me.

KARTER

I had fallen asleep holding my phone waiting for a text but I must had been exhausted cause I went to check my phone and saw a message from Dawson telling me all is good and that she wanted to see me today but she also called me beautiful making my cheeks red. I immediately call her instead of text.