Idol

Harry's not foreign to seeing people walking around campus with their face glued to their phones. It's 2018 now and obviously everyone prefers social media than real life interactions, that's fine by him. However, today as he's walking to his favorite food court on campus to meet his friends for lunch, Harry finds it unusual as almost everyone he passes by are watching the same video on their devices. In fact, now he has the audio stuck inside his head and he hasn't even watched that viral clip yet.

Is this the part where everyone turns into zombies and he has to save the world on his own?

"What's up with everybody today?" Harry asks the girl friend next to him while scanning his eyes around the room.

"Oh, some guy posted a clip of himself playing instruments and now the whole school is obsessed," she replies, making him furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

"What's so special with that?"

"The fact that he plays 90 instruments and can sing very well," the girl says then shows Harry the clip on her phone.

It's a three minute cover of the song God Is A Woman by Ariana Grande, played by 90 instruments, and it was creatively arranged. Harry's got to admit this guy is talented.

"But I still don't understand all the hype for him, sure he's good but..."

"Okay, honey, Lemme educate you real quick!" The girl snaps her fingers as she clears her throat and sits up straight. "This man is anything but ordinary, he recently moved here from France, he was very popular there because he won a national talent show, got here on a prestige scholarship, blessed with a look of a Greek God but like...French, and he plays all kinds of instruments you can think of, and has a voice of an angel, most importantly, he's an Aquarius, which is perfect for me!"

Harry widens his eyes whilst his mouth falls open, unable to believe she just said all that in only one breath.

"I don't understand how you don't get it, he has zero, ZERO flaw!"

"Who has zero flaw?" Niall returns with his tray of food and joins his two friends at their table.

"Layla's telling me about this new French guy everyone's obsessed about," Harry answers, holding the straw between his teeth, smirking like what he just said was most ridiculous thing ever.

"Oh, so you've seen the clip then?" Niall sits down in front of them and nods his head knowingly. "Eliot Thériault, we had a class together this morning, cool dude, he's hilarious."

Layla rests her chin on her knuckles and her elbows on the table. Her eyes twinkle with excitement. "What class? I'm gonna take it, gonna be his new 'study buddy', if you know what I mean."

"Jesus, calm down woman," Niall chuckles before turning to Harry, who's cringing at Layla so hard. "By the way, Y/N was in the same class with us, I think you should hold on to your girl, she's one of the victims, like Layla here."

"Oh please, Y/N's not like that." Harry snorts, but right after finishing that sentence, he hears his name being called from a few tables away. His girlfriend's walking fast towards them with that familiar big smile on her face, which alarms him that she's here with some news, it's either really great or just severely terrible.

"I just met a Greek God, but he's French!" Y/N announces once she stops at the table.

That is, apparently, all Layla has been waiting for just so she can shout out, "see??? That's what I fuckin' said!"

Harry facepalms himself, while Niall bursts into laughter, and Y/N finds it amusing though it's not the first time she's seen these reactions from the two of them simultaneously.