Date

Harry's never done this before.

He's done some crazy shits in his life (he's got more than just a few meaningless tattoos on his body to prove it) and never been afraid of taking risks, but now when it comes to Y/N, Harry must admit he's a little bit frightened. He's never taken a girl out for a romantic dinner or bought her flowers or written love notes. That's not who he is, well, was, in past tense. Because with Y/N now in the picture, he kind of wants to be that person for her. He's more than willing to change, which, he believes, shouldn't be too hard since he hasn't been the same since they first met. However, he cannot help but feel like there's still so much more to work on. After all, he doesn't want Y/N to leave him, that's the thing he fears the most.

"I want to take you out on a date," he says to her the next morning, one day after their first kiss. "I stayed up last night to plan the whole thing, you just need to say yes."

Y/N, still in her PJ, stares at Harry from her bedroom door with her eyes widened.

"You really didn't have to." She crosses her arms in front of her chest. "We hang out all the time, and we're also living together! I mean, you fell asleep in my bed last night during The Notebook! We already look like a married couple to me, we don't need a fancy date."

"Are you kidding me? Yes, we do." Harry scoffs. "If we're going to be boyfriend and girlfriend, you're getting a proper first date!"

They've never discussed this topic before, but Y/N honestly finds him referring to them as boyfriend and girlfriend kind of sexy. She immediately walks up to Harry and throws both arms around his neck, as a result, making him smile so wide.

"I like this Harry. Let's keep him." Y/N's comment makes her flatmate chuckle. He cocks his head to the side and rests his hands gently on her lower back.

"He's not going anywhere. I guarantee," Harry tells Y/N with certainty.

...

Y/N spends almost two hours digging through her closet, trying on clothes for her date with Harry tonight. She eventually comes to a decision to wear this basic flowered black dress she hasn't worn again since her sixteenth birthday, because her boyfriend back then said it made her look old. But when Harry finally sees Y/N in that dress, he tells her without a second thought that she looks 'very beautiful'. He could lie and she wouldn't care, she's never been more sure of her feelings for anyone else.

On their way leaving their flat, Harry and Y/N run into their next door neighbor Ben who just came back home from work. In contrast to the cheerfulness on the young couple's faces, the man appears a bit irritated and upset, though he immediately hides that look behind a smile when he sees them.

"Good evening, lovelies. Where are you going?"

"Uh...Dinner," is Harry's answer as he exchanges looks with Y/N, such behavior can never pass the eyes of their experienced neighbor.

"Oh my God, are you two going on a date?" he gasps, only receiving two smiles as a confirmation but that's all he needs.

"Finally! I was rooting for you guys!" Ben squeals, clapping his hands excitedly. "Wait until the gossip lady downstairs hear about this! She thinks getting money from me is easy? I'll show her!"

Harry stares at the older guy with bulging eyes. "Ben, you made a bet on us?!"

"Nooooo, I actually made a bet on you. That woman said you would chicken out but I believed in you mate." Ben gives Harry a pat on the back, making Y/N crack up whilst Harry just stands there squinting his eyes, unsure whether he should get upset or say thank you.