Chapter Thirteen

There's no excuse for the lateness I know! But I hope you enjoy this update and a little song I threw in. It's something I wrote a while ago and singing it was probably more emotional than the story makes out. Thanks for your support!

.................................

A couple hours later i woke from my slumber and got out of bed. The hungover feeling from earlier was finally slipping away. The entire morning beforehand seemed like a dream as i recalled what had happened. I kissed Evelyn and she kissed me. I know it had happened before but this time seemed hopeless. Almost as if it was a goodbye.

I can't keep lying to myself. I want her. I know she wants me now but she will never admit that. Not right now anyway. So, i had a plan. A plan i hoped would work.

"Evelyn, get out here now". I shouted, standing outside of her door.

She opened up the door and blinked profusely as she stared. I knew i was the last person she wanted to see but i walked past her anyway and sat down on her bed, feeling deja vu hit me like a brick.

I think she felt the same as she stared between the door and i questionably.

"If you're doing what i think you're doing, please leave". She sighed.

"I promise it's not what you think. Actually, i wanted to know if you'd like to go the zoo with me."

Shifting slightly, her frown turned the other way.

"The zoo?"

"Why do you seem confused?"

"Well, not even three hours ago you were trying to get me into bed and now you're inviting me on a trip, to the zoo." She said, her eyebrows high upon her forehead. 

I just offered a smile and stood from the bed. It made her uneasy as she watched my every move. I giggled and moved even closer. It still felt like it was all a game, but this time it was amusing to watch her shiver and to watch her want me, without admitting that she did. Now i knew her feelings, it was almost like i had her already. The only problem was getting her to be with me.

"Lets face it. You know i want you and i guess from the way you reacted earlier, you want the same. The thing is, we also know that we can never happen. So, this is me trying to make things work, the way you want it to." I'm lying. 

I stopped close beside her, watching her eyes finally meet mine as she realized i wasn't going to do anything like before. Not yet anyway.

"I still don't understand, why would the zoo change anything"

"Maybe it wont, but it's sunny and I've never been before. Guess we can check it off of my list."

 And also make you fall in love with me. 

"So you want to be friends?" She asked. My heart was beating so hard i thought my chest would tear open.

"I guess i do."

For a minute i thought the plan was going to fail. It wasn't the best plan ive ever made, but if i was going to change her mind about me, then what was better then making her see that being with me wouldn't be so bad after all. Maybe then, it will be easy to admit who she is and who she wants.

Whatever battle she's facing, she seemed to lose it quickly as she smiled and nodded.

"Fine, i will go to the zoo with you."

Finally.

"Ok" I answered quickly, feeling my smile widen.

"Ok"