Chapter Eleven

"Just try this on?" Moaned Emily as she shoved me into the changing room.

She was so pushy and her moaning was starting to infuriate me! This is the reason girls should not shop together.

I grabbed my backpack from the floor behind the closed curtain and pulled it into the room with me, hoping Emily wouldn't burst her way in and see me standing here getting unchanged.

It was finally the weekend and Emily had convinced Evelyn to come shopping for the party tonight. However, I wasn't expecting a make over of any sort from it either.

I wasn't used to all this hassle of shopping and being in a girl group while doing it. Usually, it would just be Wes and I and it was so much easier that way. No complaining and no annoying girl screaming at me to hurry up and pick something.

I knew I had to find the perfect dress, something to impress Evelyn. I know it's ridiculous and I had told myself this a million times- especially about my feelings towards her. I should just forget about them. Yet, I couldn't.

I'm like a delicate flower and she is the sun and the rain, keeping me alive. Although it was hard to ignore these feelings- and it was in fact HARD. I knew I had to somehow.

"How's that one?" She shouted. I shrugged, forgetting she couldn't see me.

"Hello?" She shouted again.

I sighed to myself as I stared into the mirror in front of me.

What was i kidding, nothing was going to impress me enough. I had this vision inside of my head, but it didn't match any of the clothes i had tried on. I wanted to make this big entrance that would surely knock her off of her feet. The whole idea was stupid in itself. How could she like someone like me. This whole circumstance was risky.

Yet, i knew falling for her was just as dangerous.

In was inevitable though. This continuous feeling was a destruction within itself and i was afraid to let my heart sink further.

This was me.

A girl who's heart was on pause for the past 8 months. All because i was afraid to love again or to be loved.

I sighed, taking off the dress and throwing it onto the floor as i felt my heart fluttering madly. I just couldn't seem to find the right one. I was slowly giving up.

"Hello?" Emily shouted once more as she opened the curtain.

My eyes widened in shock as i quickly grabbed the crinkled dress from the floor and covered my exposed body. Of course i had on a bra and underwear, but I panicked nevertheless.

Emily squealed loudly, before shutting the curtain and apologizing endlessly. I smirked secretly, knowing deep down i didn't care. I had a great body, i couldn't deny it. I wasn't cocky about it, i just knew it wasn't horrendous.

I knew the girl i once was, was staring to resurface. The girl with such confidence it was immaculate. Deep down the confident girl was visible, but she often lacked in appearing, unless someone broke the barrier and opened her up.

The young brunette exposed her. I was starting to express my inhibitions and demonstrate the girl i was afraid to be since the death of my mother. Now, here i am smiling into the mirror over the possibility of finally obtaining the social life i missed out on since.

Wes had become this comfortable pillow i had rested on over time. Although he had always been my best friend, it was clear i had hid beneath his friendship and kicked away any other person who offered the same.