39.

~August 2, 2016~

Maci's POV

I've never been on to rely on anyone for anything. Growing up on my own at such a young age has shaped me to be independent and self sufficient. I worked hard throughout high school and put myself through college, I worked so we had food in the house and hot water. I worked hard so I didn't have to go to school with tattered clothes and worn out shoes, so I wouldn't be made fun of.  Even being with Kaleb, I still worked hard, not because he said I needed to earn my keep but because working gave me a sense of stability where as I didn't have that in other aspects of my life.  If I had a job, then everything else would be ok, I could earn money to support myself and things would fall where they should.

I've never relied on anyone until now.  The past few nights, sleeping next to Harry, has been the best nights sleep I've gotten over the last couple months. I haven't had one bad dream, not one nightmare that kept me from sleeping through the night. As cliche as it sounds, I believe Harry is the reason for that. I feel safe next to him, when my body is curled into his side, my head resting on his chest, his arms wrapped around me. I feel as if I don't have to worry to much about things when he is around, that he will be there for me if I need him.

There's still that small amount of worry in the back of my mind, that my sub conscious keeps reminding me of, that Harry is going to change after a few months. I hate thinking that he would, it makes me cringe actually, but I can't help thinking that once he thinks I'm hooked enough, he will turn into someone who I won't like.  Would he change now if he knew I was already hooked?

Harry stirs under me, taking me out of my unwanted thoughts, his chest was warm under my cheek. His arms tighten around me and I snuggle in closer.

"Morning, love." God his morning voice is so sexy. A little deeper than normal and has a little more raspiness that usual.

"Good morning. Sleep well?" I don't turn my face up to look at him, to self conscious about my morning breath.

"Always," he says, kissing the top of my head. "Look at me?" I shake my head and he chuckles. "Why not?"

"Uh, I need to brush my teeth first," I tell him, my cheeks warming up with my embarrassment.

"I don't care if you have morning breath, Maci," Harry tells me, his chest shaking slightly as he laughed.

"I do, I don't need to gross you out."

"Nothing you could do, would gross me out," he says, hooking his fingers under my jaw, moving my head up to face him. Reluctantly, I let him, keeping my mouth clamped shut though.  "Are you going to keep your mouth closed the whole time you look at me?" He teases. I just nod at him, refusing to open my mouth. I know I'm being childish but it's something I can't help but worry about.

Next thing I know I'm being pushed back onto the mattress, Harry's body hovering over mine, his eyes full of amusement. While supporting himself on his elbows, his chest lighting touching mine, he leans down and kisses my jaw, his lips lightly pressing against my skin.  His lips move to my neck, kissing the spot right behind my ear, the contact almost making me gasp but I hold in it. I know what he's trying to do. He knows how my body reacts to him, especially when he kisses me like this. Slow, so delisiously, torturously slow.

My body is still, my heart pounding in my chest and my pulse erratic. It takes all my strength not to touch him, to not give him what he wants. My resolve weakens the further his lips move down my neck, leaving a trail of wet kisses in their wake.  I let out a soft moan when his teeth nip at my neck, the sting soothed by another wet kiss. I clamp my legs together, trying to relieve some of the pressure building, as his kisses alone are turning me on so much.