26.

Harry's POV

Yes. I'll try.

My body relaxes instantly. The feeling of relief washed over me the second those words left her mouth. I thought I was reading the signs wrong and she didn't like me like that. Before everything happened with Kaleb, I noticed Maci would blush a lot around me, to the point where I tried making her blush because I thought it was adorable. I also noticed how her body reacted when I was close; she would get fidgety and she would bite her lip and pick at her nails. I made her nervous but I don't think it was a bad nervous. She didn't looks scared or anything. The last few days I have been flirting more with her, of course making her blush. I couldn't help it. My feelings for her were growing everyday I spent with her.

This movie, When Harry Met Sally, had got me thinking about things that I have already been thinking about. I had already debated whether or not Maci and I could just be friends, wondering if it was possible incase she didn't actually like me. I agreed with everything she said though. It would have been incredibly hard trying to keep our friendship platonic knowing how I felt about her, knowing my feelings would only grow stronger the longer I spent with her.

Just knowing that she is willing to try and willing to see where this goes makes my heart race. Hell, just sitting this close to her, having her touch my arm like she is, is enough to have my heart racing. Her coconut shampoo is driving me wild and it's taking a lot of willpower to hold myself back from kissing her right now. She looks nervous, with her wide eyes and her bottom lip between her teeth, something that drives me crazy. I turn and face her, our knees bumping. Her hand falls from my arm but I'm quick to grab her hand and pull it back to me, clasping it in one of mine. I reach up and tuck her hair behind her ear, seeing her cheeks turn a light shade of pink. It breaks my heart that she's not use to this type of affection and gentleness.

"Really?" She nods, never taking her eyes off of me. "I promise Maci that we will go slow. No pressure."

"Alright," she says, her voice quiet. She glances down at my lips before quickly averting her eyes. I smile, knowing she is thinking about what I want to do so badly. All in good time though. I promised we would take things slow and I mean it. I want her to be sure of what she wants and not pressured in to anything she's not ready for, whether it be kissing or holding hands.

"Should we finish the movie?" I look over at the tv and chuckle, seeing the end credits start. "Or we could find something else to watch?"

"We can start another movie. You pick this time," she smiles at me and it feels like my heart skips a beat. It amazes me how much this small girl sitting next to me effects me.

"Alright, let's see," I scoot back, resting my back against the couch. I reach over and pull Maci next to me, wrapping my arm around her, holding her close to my side. She curls into my side, bringing her legs up and tucking them under her, resting her knees on my thighs. At first she seemed a little tense but she started to relax as I started scrolling through the movies, my thumb caressing the soft skin of her arm.

We decided on watching The Hangover. Something funny to get us laughing. Every so often I would feel Maci's small frame shake as she laughed and I couldn't help but smile when I saw a wide smile on her face as she laughed. I wanted to help her laugh like this all the time. I wanted to see her eyes light up with amusement and for her to relax and enjoy something as simple as watching a movie. Made me feel good knowing she was comfortable with me, curled into me like she is.

She shifts a little, placing her hand on my stomach, surprising me and making me tense. She quickly pulls her hand away but I grab it and place it where she had it. It was a bold move for her and I know she probably did it just because it was comfortable with the way she was sitting. I'm sure she didn't do it knowing it was going to set my whole body on fire. The urge to kiss her stronger now. Distraction. I needed a distraction.