8.

Ugh guys I'm so sick of painting, blah!! It feels like all I've been doing the last couple weeks has been painting and I'll tell you, it would be a lot more enjoyable if I had Harry wrapping his arms around me like he did Maci hahaha but I'll take listening to him through my headphones over nothing haha anyways, I look forward to the two days I get to spending writing. Anything to get me away from that awful paint!

Enjoy!

~June 9, 2016~

Harry's POV

It felt incredible to be home, to not have to worry about trying to get all my visiting in in a day or two. I could finally relax and enjoy my time with my family. This break was going to be spent with them, making up for lost time. I did spend a few month in hiding, at this private lodge in France. It was great, no paparazzi, no fans, no outside contact except for emergencies and the occasional call or text to friends to let them know I was safe. It was just what I needed to let everything die down and to start feeling somewhat normal.  Life on tour, the late night recordings, the interviews and award shows were all so hectic and stressful at times that I felt like I was going to break. There was a lot of pressure being under the spotlight, the need to be put together and perfect all the time was almost overwhelming. This break would finally let me be myself and relax.

Looking back over yesterday when I got home and walked into the guest house to hear such a lovely voice singing Temporary Fix, I don't know why I thought it was Gemma, not because Gemma couldn't sing like that, but the voice just didn't match at all. Even walking into the room and seeing Maci standing up on that stool, her body so petit and so much different than Gemmas, I should have realized it wasn't Gemma. Gemma just never told me Maci was helping her paint, so when I walked in I guess I just assumed it was Gemma and didn't pay attention to anything else.  The shock on her face and seeing the panic in Maci's eyes when she turned around after I pulled her off the stool was enough to make me feel terrible.  Gemma told me how jumpy she was and how reserved she is at times and I'm sure me grabbing her like I did didn't make her feel comfortable, or make a good first impression. I noticed tears in her eyes before she blinked them away and my heart dropped, I never wanted to make anyone cry.

The rest of the night I made sure to not make any sudden movements that could make her jump. She was really quiet but I noticed it was only when I was around. I caught her laughing and joking with Gemma and my mother, so I know I must have made her nervous. From what Gemma told me about Maci's boyfriend, it made me wonder if she was nervous around all men, not just me. I'm still going to try and get to know her, try to break her out of her shell if she will let me. 

So to do that, I offered to help paint. So here I was, up early on a Sunday morning helping my sister and Maci paint the guesthouse. It was pretty warm out already and I was dying in my sweatpants and t-shirt. Gemma and Maci was prepared for the warm weather, they were both in shorts and a t-shirt and I couldn't help but stare a little longer at Maci's tanned legs and small frame. She was quite beautiful, there was no denying it. Her long brown hair framed her delicate face, her green eyes standing out against her tanned skin and her full lips were enticing.