4.

"I think we have enough to food Gemma!" I laugh as Gemma arranges multiple small bowls full of assorted candy on the coffee table in her living room, along with a giant plate of nachos she put together. We both had finished a glass of wine while Gemma set everything up, not wanting me to help which made me feel a little awkward. 

"I just want to make sure we have enough," she shrugs, grinning down at all the food that is way to much for two small girls. 

"I think we have plenty," I chuckle. I'm glad I decided to have this girls night with Gemma. I've never experienced something like this and it was exciting.  It made me sad knowing I missed out on things like this.

"What's all this laughing?" I turn around quick when I hear an unfamiliar voice behind me.

"Oh mum, this is my friend Maci I was telling you about. Today is her birthday and I didn't want her to spend it alone." Gemma explains, running over to hug her mother. I bit my lip to keep myself from frowning.

"I see. It's great to finally meet you Maci. I'm Anne," she introduces herself and surprises me when she pulls me in for a hug. I stood frozen for a second before moving my arms, careful not to spill my wine, and hug Anne back.  I liked her already, she reminds me of Gemma in a way.

"Nice to meet you too," I say shyly.

"Oh and happy birthday!"

"Oh, um thank you," I mumble, so not used to anyone saying that to me. Or at least so many people.

"Well I won't intrude, you girls have fun!" Anne waves at us before making her way upstairs. 

"Your mom seems really nice," I tell Gemma, settling into the couch next to her. 

"Oh she's wonderful!" Gemma beams, reaching for some candy. "How about we start the night by showing you the power of music!" She rubs her hands together in anticipation. 

"Sounds good to me," I tell her.

Fifteen minutes later, after Gemma goes through the process of showing me how to add the gift card onto my phone, and how to look up and download songs or albums, we actually get to the downloading part.

"So do you remember any songs that stuck out to you when you listen to the radio?" Gemma asks, scrolling through some options on my phone. 

"Um, just your brothers song. I think it's called Perfect," I say nervously, hate being put on the spot.

"Already added the new One Direction album. Only because I think you will love it! If you do you can always download their other albums. I'm sure you will be a fan before you know it," she laughs.

"Thanks. Oh I remember a song, I don't know the name of it though. The lyrics went something like, 'take a sip of my secret potion'. I think that's what it was anyways."

"Oh that's Black Magic, by Little Mix. You will love them! I'll add some of the music I like that I think you will like. Halsey is amazing. Marianas Trench, X Ambassadors, The 1975 are also amazing. I think you will really like Kodaline and The Icarus Account. I will also add some songs that are popular now and that are on the radio, ones that you will probably have heard. This is so exciting!"

"I will trust you," I chuckle again at her enthusiasm. I finish my second glass of wine and I'm already starting to feel the effects from it. I don't really drink much.  Maybe the occasional glass of wine if Kaleb takes me out, which isn't very often.

"Anything else you can think of?" Gemma ask, looking over at me.

"Umm, there's a song called 'Style'? I can't remember who it's by," I frown, trying to think of the name of the girl who sang it. I would hear a song a couple times and like it but only catch the name of the song or they wouldn't even say who the artist is.  Gemma almost chokes on her wine. She sets down her wine glass, coughing once more before turning turning her amused eyes on me.