16. Distance

Ajay's POV

"Ajay are you even listening?!" Sanjay's voice bought me back from my chain of thoughts.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I asked confused.

"Seriously?!" He shook his head in dismay. "Since, when did you start being absent minded when it comes to handling such a big responsibility?!"

I still didn't respond, as I was lost in my world of thoughts. I am mentally lost in my world of thoughts while I was just physically present in the Auditorium.

"Ajay!! What's wrong with you man, for the past 20 minutes I am blabbering like an idiot here and you don't even seem to pay heed of it?!" Could you please tell me what the hell is wrong with you!" He literally scream-whispered as there were many students around us.

I avoided looking at him, and just stared at the entrance of the auditorium.

"So it's confirmed you're hiding something, come on, spit it up!" He said standing in front as he obstructed the view of the auditorium entrance.

I took a deep breath, as I realized he wouldn't stop unless I had said anything to him.

"Look, you guessed it right but right now I am not in the right state of mind to discuss about that, please could we just not talk about it. Let's just focus on work please." I said.

"Focus on work?!" He retorted sarcastically. "Wasn't I discussing about that all the while?! huh?!!"

"You are not in the right mind to do that either, you need time to focus, it's okay if you can't tell anything yet, but man we've got serious business, in that case I suggest you to go out and just try to recover yourself and the focus in here." He advised while I was still lost.

I think it's better you listen to him. My inner self told me. Besides I just need to control myself before I could mess up things.

***************************************

Anaya's POV

"Hum Yaha hai aur Deco team Ka head ab tak Yaha Nahi hai! (We are here but the Deco team head is not yet here!)" Keerthi complained after scanning the entire auditorium.

"Yeah Keerthi, Ajay Bhaiyya toh hamesha kaam pe focused rehta hai pata Nahi ab Kaha gayab ho Gaya hai! (Ajay Bro is always on point when it comes to these work, don't know where he vanished now!!" Aysha added.

"Look who's here, it has been more than an hour ago when Ajay came looking for you'll and you guys are here just now?!" Sanjay sarcastically remarked keeping his eye contact with Keerthi.

"Kuch bhi!! Nobody came looking for us, so stop acting like we did some crime, we voluntarily came here to look how the decoration is going on as we are incharge of it." Keerthi said offended while she maintained the eye contact with Sanjay.

"Oh come on stop acting like you are the most responsible person in here, I know Ajay came out looking for you guys as you'll didn't show up in the morning!" He said not believing in what Keerthi said.

"No Sanjay, nobody came looking for us, we came here by ourselves." Mahi supported Keerthi.

"Wait, are you guys sure he didn't come?" He asked back surprised to which we all nodded except for Keerthi.

"Yaar, where could have been, and what made him upset when he returned?!" I heard him muttering to himself.

Upset?! What could have happened to Ajay. My inner self worried for him.

"What Bhaiya?" Aysha's question brought me back from my thoughts.

"Nothing guys, let me brief you guys what needs to be done for the day until Ajay comes." He said as he handed us a planner. " So guys in this the main tasks are highlighted, first we'll start with them, but for that you guys need to get more people for your team, so it's your responsibility to lookout for people you need to work with, so get them arranged within today so that we get started with the other stuff."