7. Sanjay's Banter

Ajay's POV

Knock!

Knock!!

Knock!!!

I was woke up startled by the knock on the door. I turned my head right to look at my alarm clock, which showed 9.00 am.

Arey Yaar kon hosakta hai itni subah subah!

(Who could it be this early morning!)

Is this early morning for you Mr. Ajay?? My mind mocked me.

I got up from my bed lazily with half open eyelids and walked towards the door and opened it.

"Ajay Kaha mar gayi thi tum gathede? Kitni Der se darwaza kat kata Rahi Hu Mai! (Ajay, What the hell were you doing Donkey? How long have I been knocking the door!) " Sanjay bursted out at me as he entered inside my apartment.

I locked the door and turned to look at him, crossing my arms across my chest and asked "Why were you so impatient to meet this early morning??? As far as I know you, Tum Tu subah utne walo Mai se Nahi ho. (You're not the kind of person who wakes up early in the morning)."

"Kya Karoo Kabhi Kabhi Kuch Kaas baat Jaan ne ki liye kuch sacrifices Karne padte hai (What to do in order to know certain special things we have to make certain sacrifices)..." He said trying to be upset tone.

"Oh Really? What is that special thing that you need to know?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Don't pretend that you don't know, You know what I need to know." He said giving my mischievous grin.

Ohh no Ajay I am sure he wants to know about Anaya's treat My brain warned me.

Do something and try to divert the topic. My mind adviced.

"What do you mean I know what you need to know?? Do you think I read people's minds??" I questioned rhetorically and walked past him to the kitchen.

"Come on Ajay both of us know that you are horrible in lying and acting. So, stop pretending." He said following me into the kitchen and sat on the counter.

"Sanjay listen I don't have time to discuss nonsense. So, it's better we talk something important." I said as I took the ingredients needed to make coffee.

"Acha Tkay Tu aise Nahi maanega, Mai seeda point pe aata Hu (Okay then you won't listen I if talk this way, Let me come to the point straight." He said in a matter of fact tone holding my hands obstructing my work, "Bata Kaisa tha tera date Anaya ki Saath? (Tell me how was your date with Anaya?)"

Date!! What the hell is wrong with this Sanjay? Doesn't he know the difference between Date and Treat?? My brain outbursted while a tiny smile escaped from my lips at the thought of date with Anaya.

Kya Soch Rahi hai Tu Ajay?? Woh tera dhost hai buss or Kuch Nahi aur yeh baat Galti se bhi mat bhoolna! (What are you thinking Ajay?? She's just your friend and never ever forget that even by mistake!)

"Hello!! Where are you lost??? Mai tum se Kuch pooch Rahi Hu? (I am asking you something??)"

"One minute, were you smiling???" Sanjay asked suddenly seeing my expression.

I quickly shook my head and sternly asked,"Are you daydreaming?? You blurt out whatever that comes in your mind huh?? Why do you think I would smile??"

He still gave me a suspicious look which clearly shows that he is not convinced with my answer.

"What are you looking at me like that for?? I was not smiling viling okay rather I am angry at you for asking such a dumb question." I said moving away to boil the water while he stood where he was lost in his thoughts.